PDA

View Full Version : Missed out on a muzzleloader

Mauser48
10-29-2016, 09:33 PM
I was at the gun show today and one of the first things I saw when I walked in was a Thompson Center hawken .45 cal. I just target shoot mainly so I thought a .45 would be perfect. It looked like it was in excellent shape on the outside, I didnt check the bore. I haven't looked at muzzleloaders in awhile so I didn't have the burning desire to buy it. I always kept a muzzleloader in the back of my mind though. I figured I'd think about it while I finished walking around. He was asking $300. I knew the price wasn't bad at ll but I was trying to think if I REALLY wanted it. I came back at the end and didn't see it. I asked the guy if he sold it and got his asking price. He said yep its gone, I took less for it. Of course when I knew I couldn't have it I wanted it more where as if I bought it I probably would have went home and said well, I really didn't need it. I guess it's a good thing because it's hard to get real black powder here and it's not the easiest thing to clean. I'll get my first muzzleloader eventuslly, I have higher things on my list right now. Congrats to the buyer, it's a fine rifle.

OverMax
10-29-2016, 10:50 PM
Bubba 50 had a 45 cal T/C Hawken for-sale a week or so ago here. (If your interested?) Last I looked at his sale-add his 45 cal wasn't sold. A dandy looking one too.
BTW; You never have to worry when purchasing anything from Bubba. "He's a square shooter""

Mauser48
10-30-2016, 12:09 AM
Bubba 50 had a 45 cal T/C Hawken for-sale a week or so ago here. (If your interested?) Last I looked at his sale-add his 45 cal wasn't sold. A dandy looking one too.
BTW; You never have to worry when purchasing anything from Bubba. "He's a square shooter""

Yeah I saw his, it was really nice. Im not really actively looking for one but if I see you nice one in person at a good price I will definitely consider it.

bubba.50
10-30-2016, 02:19 AM
wouldn't matter anyway. that Hawken is in the process of bein' traded for a left-hand New Englander 12 gauge.