PDA

View Full Version : Kimber Crimsom Carry II

Quigley284
10-29-2016, 01:56 PM
Finally got my Kimber running. Lyman 200gr SWC sized .452. 50/50 lead and lube. Seating depth did not seem to matter. Half were seated even with the case mouth and the rest a little further out but still fit my magazine. Taper crimp down to .472. These settings seem to shoot as good as I can. They don't feed reliably. I changed the setting on the taper crimp and got the to case mouth down to .470. My Kimber changed into a Singer. I can't do it with any accuricy but it doesn't take long to empty the magazine. I am a reader not a poster. I need to thank all the people that share so much information that contributed to my new success story. Thanks again, Mike :)

Dale53
11-04-2016, 07:04 PM
Mike;
My Kimber Carry doesn't have the CT grips but is absolutely reliable with the bullet seating depth set by the "Plunk Test" and tapered crimp to an outside diameter of 470".

There is a great photo diagram of this seating depth I would like to share with you but Photobucket is down. Send me a PM, if you are interested and when PB is back on line I can share it with you.

Dale53