PDA

View Full Version : watching the world come alive

nagantguy
10-29-2016, 07:05 AM
been sitting in my tree stand this morning, still here haven't seen a living creature yet, gusting wind, over cast, should be a perfect morning. anyhow the sun is late, or so it seems, should be full light by now but it's not the slowest sunrise I've ever remebered, it put me in mind of the world coming alive, light destroys the darkness! I feel so humbled and awed and overwhelmed by His love and mercy right now that I wanted to share it, there are treats in my eyes and my spirit is soaring! thought maybe my good news could lift someone up this morning! thank you Jesus for this day , one more with my family and friends!

Boaz
10-29-2016, 07:11 AM
Thank you !

toallmy
10-29-2016, 07:12 AM
Best way to start the day , watching the sun come up wile afield .

Goatwhiskers
10-29-2016, 08:47 AM
One of the main reasons that I hunt. All of creation becomes my chapel and I can worship undisturbed. GW

Pine Baron
10-29-2016, 09:29 AM
Thanks for sharing nagantguy. I can feel it too.

square butte
10-29-2016, 09:32 AM
Appreciate the trip to your tree stand this morning - and for the inspiration

rancher1913
10-29-2016, 09:52 AM
I can just barely get internet at my house and you have it in a deer stand :grin:

USMC87
10-29-2016, 03:24 PM
Amen!

tankgunner59
10-29-2016, 03:46 PM
Amen, God is great, all the time! All the time, God is great! Thanks for the post.

Smoke4320
10-29-2016, 04:44 PM
Like I was, in the stand this morning
Not a shot fired within hearing distance .
Still a great morning
Just got in stand for evening hunt

country gent
10-29-2016, 04:56 PM
I like to sit out in the mornings starting when its still dark out and watch what goes on as the sun comes up and wakes up everything. The small animals feeding and watching every little thing. The deer moving around feeding and playing. The turkeys out and about. And it all starts with those first few rays of sunlight streaming accross the sky scaring the dark away. Morning is a wonderous time watching the real world wake up and start its routine. All of Gods glorious things coming to and showing themselves.

Half Dog
10-29-2016, 04:58 PM
I also enjoy the morning hours, then the mosquitoes come out.

Blackwater
10-30-2016, 07:13 AM
Thanks, NG. If I ever get inurred by watching the sun come up and the woods come alive, I'll quit hunting. It's a magical time of day. Mom used to get up really early, fix a pot of coffee, pour a cup, and go sit on the back porch in her robe. She'd sip the coffee, and just watch the sun come up, and her Mocking birds and others that she loved so much, awake and start chirping and singing, and scratching for food, looking for mates, and all the various things they do. Anybody who can't enjoy and be touched by that is too much taken with the world around us, and its cynicism, and other errors.

You can just FEEL God's presence as the world awakens. How I wish we'd all awaken to so many things in this life today!

Hickok
10-30-2016, 07:39 AM
Thanks Nagantguy.

Maybe I am weird, but to me, hunting is truly a spiritual experience. At times I carry a small pocket New Testament, and read while enjoying the solitude and peace.

Goatwhiskers
10-30-2016, 09:44 AM
Early morning: And God said "Let there be light, and there was light." GW

MaryB
10-30-2016, 10:55 PM
For me it was being the first one out on the lake in the morning. The mist is burning off, you can hear cabin doors all across the lake as people wake. Smells fires and coffee and bacon from 2 miles out... glass still water with the loons playing and talking... can't get any closer to god than days like that! The great outdoors has always been my church.