PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Gun Shop reloading press

zazerbe
10-28-2016, 12:17 PM
Hello everyone. I posted this in another forum in castboolits not really knowing where to start. Someone suggested it go to this one (since based on my questions would make much more sense). But very new to the forum world and I am very new to the gun world and hoping to also get into the reloading world as well. I was given an old (at the very least 30+ years old) Hollywood Senior Turret Reloading Press recently. I took it to a reloading shop in my area and the gentleman who owns the shop said it would definitely be worth my time/effort to clean it and get it up and running again. He is pretty certain that I have all of the the dies to reload 12ga. After I cleaned it he said it looked really good and all parts seem to be working fine. While he was familiar with the history of the Hollywood Gun Shop and Presses he is not familiar with the operation of them and was just not sure how to set up the dies to get it up and running. Last thing he wanted to do was steer me in the wrong direction. Looked all over the web looking for possible pdfs of old manuals or instructions and checked for any tutorial videos on how to set up or run the press with zero luck. Wrote a post on another forum with calguns, and someone suggested I check castboolits for help. If anyone out there knows about these presses please let me know. I would really like to get this press running again as it used to belong to my grandfather. I appreciate any help in my endeavor. Take care

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LUBEDUDE
10-28-2016, 01:11 PM
Welcome to the forum. :)

We really need pictures of the complete set up. Especially the dies and any extra tools.

There were 2 different types of die sets made. First Generation and second, or First Generation and "Senior Turret" dies. But either set can be used in place of the other. Just because you have a Senior Turret doesn't mean that you have second generation dies, but chances are good that you do.

zazerbe
10-28-2016, 01:28 PM
Welcome to the forum. :)

We really need pictures of the complete set up. Especially the dies and any extra tools.

There were 2 different types of die sets made. First Generation and second, or First Generation and "Senior Turret" dies. But either set can be used in place of the other. Just because you have a Senior Turret doesn't mean that you have second generation dies, but chances are good that you do.

Yeah. I realize some pictures would help. I'll be trying to get a few posted on this forum this weekend. Thanks for the reply