PDA

View Full Version : Who is headed to Friendship?

Boz330
06-11-2008, 02:16 PM
I'll probably be there Tuesday. Need to stock up on a few things and shoot the Mini Creedmore.
I've also been Jonesing for a trade gun, might be hard to get out of there empty handed, especially if there is a good deal.

Bob

Dale53
06-11-2008, 06:33 PM
I plan to go to Friendship. I probably will just go over for the day on the first Saturday.

Dale53

PappyD
06-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Hi all...I'm a new guy to this forum...Been lurking for a good while..Thinking about trying my hand at casting "boolits". Doing more with BP these days.

Going to Friendship tommorrow and takin' the checkbook! Looking for a "in the white" rifle and lots of other goodies...Road trip!

PappyD

PappyD
06-16-2008, 09:00 PM
Whoa! What an experience! I had been there back in the 70's as a middle school kid....times are a changin'!

LONG day but very interesting. Beautiful long guns by many of the big time gunmakers...Jim Chambers, Jim Klein, etc. Watched a lot of demos on many crafts.

Stood next to coonskinners, biker dudes, and Amish, all in one spot. The Amish even had there own parking spot for their buggies and horses.

Ya I spent some $$$ but only on some accessories. Too many choices!:-D

Boz330
06-20-2008, 08:57 AM
Well I went to Friendship Tuesday the 17th and met a couple buddies up there. For you guys that might not know, this is the spring National Shoot for The National Muzzle Loading Rifle Asso. or NMLRA. Unfortunately the shoots aren't nearly as good as they were back in the 70s and 80s, the peak I beleive. Not near as many dealers on commercial row and not near as many competitors in the primitive or regular side. A real shame, but I guess the younguns would rather pretend shoot on a computer than do the real thing.
Attached are a couple pics from the Mini Creedmore range. This is my 2 friends and some shots of the Creedmore targets at 500yds, (the square ones). The target is an 18" white steel plate with a black 9" steel border. White hit scores 4 points and black hits score 3 points. The match is 15 shots in 45 minutes. Both of my buddies shoot Pedersoli Gibbs rifles. It is quite the challenge and a lot of fun especially when you here that clang come back. Some of the competitors shoot originals but with prices on those running from $16K for junkers to well over $30K for good ones the Pedersoli is a real bargain. I haven't quite convinced myself to jump into this yet, I can only afford so many hobbies.
Didn't have quite enough money for a Trade gun to follow me home, but I was sure lusting and fondling one in 20ga. I'm surprized the guy didn't want to charge me rent on the thing.

Bob

shotguneddy
07-09-2008, 09:11 AM
Is there another meet this fall? Is it a good place for a vendor to set up shop for a weekend?

Boz330
07-09-2008, 12:00 PM
Is there another meet this fall? Is it a good place for a vendor to set up shop for a weekend?

Yep there is a fall meet. NMLRA has a web site with the dates and they do have a commercial row. You could contact them about space.

Bob