PDA

View Full Version : NOE Discounts?

leadhead
10-26-2016, 04:50 PM
Does NOE still have discounts on there molds from time to time?
I haven't received a e-mail from them for a long time.
Denny

mrrch
10-26-2016, 07:01 PM
I've been getting emails weekly lately. Visit the website and sign back up (maybe they they cull the list sometimes)

leadhead
10-26-2016, 07:48 PM
Thanks, will do.
Denny

NyFirefighter357
10-26-2016, 10:15 PM
Check your spam folder too, sometimes that type of mass e-mails get filtered to spam.

Beagle333
10-26-2016, 10:17 PM
About weekly. Sign up again. :drinks:

hometownhero
11-06-2016, 09:40 AM
I keep hearing more and more about NOE the more I read on here. I am new to casting bought a lee mould to start but purolator lost it in their local sort facility so thinking about picking up a NOE

hometownhero
11-06-2016, 09:53 AM
Looking at the NOE site now and they ask a few things I have no idea what they mean and can't really find an answer.

Here are my questions.

What is Drill for Probe, Lyman / RCBS style Top Punch, Mold Wrench and Sprueplate Lube, Saeco style Top Punch.

​Thanks guys

dragon813gt
11-06-2016, 09:56 AM
Top punches are for different sizers. Mold wrenches and sprue plate lube are self explanatory. And the drill for a probe is a predrilled hole to attach a thermometer to.

hometownhero
11-06-2016, 10:25 AM
Top punches are for different sizers. Mold wrenches and sprue plate lube are self explanatory. And the drill for a probe is a predrilled hole to attach a thermometer to.

Thanks for the fast reply. Much appreciated

leadhead
11-06-2016, 10:06 PM
I received a 15% discount e-mail, but it is only good for a few molds
that I'm not interested in....I think I got e-mails before that you could
pick any mold you wanted for the discount..Maybe I'm wrong on this.
Denny

Victor N TN
11-07-2016, 05:56 PM
I received a 15% discount e-mail, but it is only good for a few molds
that I'm not interested in....I think I got e-mails before that you could
pick any mold you wanted for the discount..Maybe I'm wrong on this.
Denny

I think it was about this time last year that he offered a discount on anything he had in stock. But don't hold me to that. I don't speak for him. But I know I have found a couple of molds that were really a good buy. But I had to look through his web site and find the ones I wanted.

Come to think of it. It may have been between Christmas and New Years. I'm just not sure.

dragon813gt
11-07-2016, 06:22 PM
There are usually a bunch of sales between Thanksgiving and. Christmas. 1k club members are just like Amazon prime members and have gotten access earlier :)

The sales flyers lately have all been for specific molds. I have no interest in spire points so I haven't bought any. I need to go through my mold spreadsheet and see if there are any holes that need to be filled. This way I'm prepared if he runs a sale again this year.

RogerDat
11-07-2016, 06:50 PM
Same here, get regular email with specific molds with discounts (typically 15%) and then recall an annual sale when it was like 20% off entire order. Might be good to have some wish list items lined up, and some money earmarked for that sale during the holiday season.

The small allen wrench, and bottle of lube are useful for at least first one or two molds purchased just to have the wrench handy. Note that NOE uses a set screw on the sprue plate hinge screw. So to adjust how tight the sprue plate one has to back off the set screw coming in from the side. I generally use AC lube but found the NOE stuff effective.

I debated getting top punch(es) since I use a Lee push through sizer I don't need them. I was thinking that having the correct ones for the mold might well enhance the molds value if one wanted to sell the mold in the future. In the end I decide not to but did think about it. Don't do digital probe thermometer so zero use for that and figure that is a whole lot less common than base first sizers that use top (nose) punches.

leadhead
11-07-2016, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the replies.....I have my eye on that big *** 7mm mold (.291)
Guess I'll have to wait till the big sale comes along.
Denny