PDA

View Full Version : Corrosion protection for a break-open rifle?

Naphtali
10-26-2016, 03:23 AM
I seek steel corrosion protection for a break-open rifle that would allow me to load and fire it without requiring me to clean the protection off. If it exists, please identify a corrosion preventative with lubricating characteristics that I can spray or wipe on exterior surfaces AND interior of barrel. If corrosion prevention with lubricant does not exist, corrosion prevention will be adequate.

44man
10-26-2016, 08:35 AM
I have had good luck with B.C. Barricade. Used to be called Sheath.

John Boy
10-26-2016, 09:18 AM
Eezox
http://www.eezox.com/gun-care.html

rockrat
10-26-2016, 06:42 PM
Don't know how it would work on firearms, but ACF50 is used on aircraft for corrosion protection. Local FBO at the airport might have it or one of the aircraft suppliers should. What about regular floor wax?

lefty o
10-26-2016, 07:42 PM
a drop or two of your chosen oil on a patch run thru the bore will suffice. so long as its not dripping wet, it'll do no harm to fire it.

GhostHawk
10-26-2016, 09:02 PM
Might want to consider alox, or alox thinned with mineral spirits. I believe it is used for under body spray for the same purpose.
Thinning it will make it easier to get a smooth consistent coat. Once it dry's and hardens It can be pretty tough.

Essentially Ben's Liquid Lube.

Also wear spots can be touched up with no real problem.

With my boolits the BLL just dulls the shine, makes it a shade darker, duller. Which for a woods rifle is not a bad thing.