PDA

View Full Version : Friend in Hospice

richhodg66
10-25-2016, 06:20 AM
A man I've known for 12-14 years and who was the music director at our little church is in hospice now for a variety of health issues. My wife and I went to visit him yesterday. Both he and his wife seemed to be in good spirits and he is a Christian and seems to be at peace. The past year and a half or so have been pretty hard on them, he went into hospital and nearly died once and it resulted in some depression issues and a lot of lost work time that had really strained both of them. He's a good man and my friend and I'll miss him. If you guys could remember Greg, please.

Boaz
10-25-2016, 06:34 AM
GOD be with Greg and his family , friends . Help them through this Lord as only you can . Give them the strength and insight to support one another . Thank you for being there with them Lord to comfort and lessen the pain . In praise of you I ask . Amen

buckwheatpaul
10-25-2016, 06:39 AM
Father, Greg is in need of the grace that only You can provide. He is a faithful follower of You and has served You. Please grant him peace, comfort, and pain free comfort. AMEN

USMC87
10-25-2016, 06:46 AM
Heavenly Father we come before You bringing Greg's health and wellness, We know You are the Great Physician and that nothing is beyond Your ways. We ask that You will comfort Greg and his family during this time, Give them peace that passes all understanding. We ask that those taking care of Greg would see the display of great faith and the display of Your mercy and grace. We ask that Greg's pain and suffering will be minimal and that he will have a smooth transition. We ask these things in Jesus Name, Amen.

jcren
10-25-2016, 08:39 AM
Prayers sent

Pine Baron
10-25-2016, 08:52 AM
Amen to all the above.

GhostHawk
10-25-2016, 09:10 AM
Not my will but thine be done lord. Still if possible make his crossing swift and free of pain.
I know that the falling of the smallest sparrow is noticed and I know you are watching over him and his family. Be with them in their waiting and their grief Lord. Help them in any way you can.

In the name of Yeshua, your son, Jesus the Christ.
Amen

Blackwater
10-25-2016, 10:03 PM
Prayers up here for Greg, and Amen to all the above prayers. God be with him and the family and friends. We all have a turn at this sooner or later, but it sure doesn't take the sting out of it when we lose one of the really good ones in our lives. Maybe it's the Lord trying to tell us we need to fill those shoes sometimes? We understand so little. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

bruce drake
10-25-2016, 10:10 PM
God bless his family and yours during this time of pain for that family. Your being there is worth so much more than a bouquet of flowers for the room and a card.

Bzcraig
10-25-2016, 10:36 PM
Father, I'm grateful this man knows to where he is coming! I pray your peace and comfort be upon his family.

Preacher Jim
10-26-2016, 12:13 PM
Lord pore your mercy and grace out to Greg and his family. you promised us when the house was ready you would come and get us let Greg see your wonderful face and smile with joy as he meets you.
Amen

richhodg66
10-28-2016, 06:44 AM
Greg passed last night. I really appreciate the prayers, he had a lot of people praying for him here too. he was in his very early 60s and as recently as a year and a half ago, you'd have thought he was a strong, vital guy. Had his own flooring and carpeting business, which is physically pretty hard work. Life can really take a nose dive suddenly for you sometimes.

Blackwater
10-28-2016, 07:05 AM
Thanks for the update, Rich. It's sad when we lose one of the really good ones. I had a friend in the carpet business. His son is Joey Hamilton, the baseball pitcher. He died at a much younger age of cancer, and was in the carpet business too. I still miss ol' Jack, Joey's Dad. He was one of the most cheerful men I've ever known, and if he put carpet in, it was done right. But we all have our own time, and the transition to a much more wonderful place than this earth is sad for us who survive, but a boon to those who love the Lord. I think Jack's in Heaven. He was a great guy.

And again, when we lose one of the really good ones, it's up to us to take his place, and carry on the good works, attitude and outlook they had. It's the right thing to do, and one of the best things we can do to honor them.

Boaz
10-28-2016, 07:53 AM
Thank you for asking for prayer . Will still pray for family and friends .

buckwheatpaul
10-28-2016, 06:29 PM
Rich, I am sorry for your loss but happy that he is resting with God......Paul

richhodg66
11-01-2016, 08:29 PM
Funeral today, never seen that little church so packed, had to bring a bunch of chairs in. All in all, a very nice service where I got to see some old friends I hadn't seen in a long time including the past two pastors here who've moved on to other things, one of whom I consider to be a great mentor and both good friends. Really more a celebration of life, so that was good. I hope his wife will be OK, she's a great lady, but she has a whole lot of extended family there.

Preacher Jim
11-01-2016, 08:49 PM
Lord you welcomed a saint home his suffering is over, loved ones and friends need your healing grace and help as they adjust to his absence here on earth. Father help them and hold them close.

MaryB
11-01-2016, 11:31 PM
Prayers for the family.

And a reminder to us all that when it is our time it might happen fast so have your family covered and taken care of! Updated my will last week since I added the new garage and towers last year. Instructions on how to price the house and how to sell the ham radio gear. Things we never want to think about but should!

big bore 99
11-01-2016, 11:52 PM
Prayers sent.

Boaz
11-02-2016, 06:38 AM
Lord be with Greg's family and friends . Help them recover quickly from this loss . Stay near them to comfort and guide . Thank you Lord . Amen

Pine Baron
11-02-2016, 08:57 AM
Prayers for the family and friends.

WRideout
11-03-2016, 10:13 PM
Death of the body is not the end of life. God's promise is that we will all be together again, someday.

Wayne

Blackwater
11-04-2016, 12:23 PM
Amen, WR. I only got to meet my grandfather twice before he passed on, and I was very young (3). Still, I remember that smile on his face to this day. Can't wait to meet him again one day, and to see Mom and Dad again. What a day of rejoicing that will be!