PDA

View Full Version : Prayers requested

pcolapaddler
10-23-2016, 10:49 PM
Hi folks.

I work for local government. Elections stuff.

The next few weeks will be very stressful and busy. Events will really start to pick up speed starting next week. It's always a nervous time for me and the rest of the office.

Regardless of who wins or loses some will not be happy. We just want to do a good job and not have any huge issues.

Prayers would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sent from my HTCD200LVW using Tapatalk

DLCTEX
10-23-2016, 11:06 PM
I will continue to pray for all our nation.

MaryB
10-23-2016, 11:14 PM
Prayers for a fair election... which I know is an impossibility now...

buckwheatpaul
10-24-2016, 05:27 AM
Father, As we approach this election cycle please walk with us. I know that You are in charge and that the outcome has a purpose but there are many concerns regardless who wins. Please calm the fears and let each of us see with clear eyes what is going on. Please give us the grace that we dont deserve but desperately need. Father bring our nation back into Your fold and show the way. AMEN

WRideout
10-24-2016, 06:10 AM
Holy father, you alone are wise. We ask that the candidate of your choice be the next leader, in all our elections national, state and local. Watch over our elections officials, and give them peace. Help us to be grateful for this gift of democracy. In Jesus' name, Amen
Wayne

Boaz
10-24-2016, 07:06 AM
Lord your will be done during this election . Be with and guide us and our new leaders to repair our country . Be with us . Amen

Preacher Jim
10-24-2016, 07:40 AM
Lord, protect us from evil and guide people to vote for you not a party.
The future of this country rides on this election and never in my life has it been as critical.
Our rights to worship and freedom depends on people voting, no one can stay home and not be sacrificing there freedom. Lord protect us and help us get this country back to a nation under God .
Amen

USMC87
10-24-2016, 08:03 AM
Prayers sent.

jcren
10-24-2016, 08:28 AM
Prayers sent

Pine Baron
10-24-2016, 09:55 AM
Holy father, you alone are wise. We ask that the candidate of your choice be the next leader, in all our elections national, state and local. Watch over our elections officials, and give them peace. Help us to be grateful for this gift of democracy. In Jesus' name, Amen
Wayne
Thank you, Wayne. Amen

smoked turkey
10-24-2016, 09:57 AM
Lord this has been a long long pre-election campaign with so many ads with distorted facts that it is hard to know what and who to believe. It is also an election that will change the course of our nation which ever way it goes. We desperately need your wisdom. We are a divided nation. We need your healing. In short, we need to return to you. I am asking that you give us clarity of mind when we step into the voting booth. Help us to vote as if our freedoms and our way of life depended on the outcome of this election because it does. Thank you for your direction and your love and grace that is extended to us.

NavyVet1959
10-24-2016, 09:58 AM
May she be buried in a shallow grave so that she can feel the [censored] on her face. Amen...

RE-EDITED because PJ took it upon himself to change the entire meaning of my post.

http://images.spambob.net/navy-vet-1959/hillary-resting-place.jpg

Boaz
10-24-2016, 10:05 AM
May she be buried in a shallow grave so that she can feel the piss on her face. Amen...

Pretty much an inappropriate post for a Chapel . The member requested prayer .

NavyVet1959
10-24-2016, 10:09 AM
Pretty much an inappropriate post for a Chapel . The member requested prayer .

Praying for an election?

One could also argue that the thread was posted in the wrong subforum...

square butte
10-24-2016, 10:25 AM
It's a prayer request posted in the Chapel forum ... Praying for an election - Of course.

Blackwater
10-24-2016, 06:09 PM
Amen to all the prayers, especially Jim's. I don't really care who it is who wins, as long as they'll serve the Lord and the nation, and it looks like there's only one on whom the Lord appears to really be working. Any light in the darkness of what we have and have had is welcome here. To God be all the glory, now and forever. We are a nation "under God," NOT a nation of personalities and agendas. The ONLY agenda that will certainly be fullfilled is the Lord's. That we know for certain. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

Preacher Jim
10-24-2016, 06:46 PM
Five duties of a Christian citizen from Graham organization. By Bright
1. Pray
2. Register to vote
3. Become informed
4. Help elect Godly People
5. Vote
Praying for this election is the only way to stop the evil one.

Boaz
10-24-2016, 06:55 PM
Agreed Jim , we have been asleep at the wheel too long .

pcolapaddler
10-24-2016, 11:36 PM
It has been a long busy day. Things seemed to go well.

Up at four, help kick off early voting at seven. Work to keep regular operations going. Help close down early voting at seven.

Similar schedule tomorrow with additional new tasks starting up.

pcolapaddler
10-24-2016, 11:46 PM
Praying for an election?

One could also argue that the thread was posted in the wrong subforum...
Not necessarily asking for prayers for the outcome, although I think we all want a good outcome - however we each may define that.

I work to administer the election in my area. Many in our office wear a number of hats and have been working long hours to prepare. It is always very stressful, but each year seems to stress me more than the last. As the day approaches, more tasks and projects mesh together. Regardless of the outcome, we all want to do our best to make things run smoothly and correctly.

NavyVet1959
10-25-2016, 03:59 AM
Not necessarily asking for prayers for the outcome, although I think we all want a good outcome - however we each may define that.

I work to administer the election in my area. Many in our office wear a number of hats and have been working long hours to prepare. It is always very stressful, but each year seems to stress me more than the last. As the day approaches, more tasks and projects mesh together. Regardless of the outcome, we all want to do our best to make things run smoothly and correctly.

Need to put a sign outside each polling place... Something like this:

Voting fraud is a felony offense and subject to imprisonment for up to TWO years and a $2,000 fine.

If you are dead, you are not allowed to vote.
If you have been convicted of a felony and you have not had your voting rights restored, you are not allowed to vote.
If you are using someone else's voting registration, you are not allowed to vote.

We need to remind those dead folks that they can't vote anymore, right?