PDA

View Full Version : cleaning a sizer?

SpaceGlocker
06-10-2008, 12:37 PM
How do I clean all the old lube off my sizer and top punches without ruining the
o ring or the sizer?

standles
06-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Take the oring off and boil the lube out.

Steven

JudgeBAC
06-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Get a box and fill with newspapers or other discardable paper. Place the lubrisizer in the box and use a hairdryer to heat it up until all of the old lube runs into the paper filled box. Use gloves so you can handle it as necessary without burning yourself. This method has worked for me and is not very messy and gets the job done.

If you are talking about individual sizer dies you can use the same method except use a pair of plyers with the jaws taped with masking tape so you dont scratch the die and you can use hairdryer to heat up the die and top punches and the old lube will run off.

crazy mark
06-10-2008, 02:04 PM
I use a plastic jar peanut butter came in and mineral spirits. Let sit for about 3 hours and it will wipe off easily with a lint free rag.

GP100man
06-10-2008, 11:50 PM
these days just take it apart & lay it in the sunshine!!!!

GP100man:cbpour:

Thin Man
06-11-2008, 06:55 AM
Turn on the kitchen faucet for hot water. Hold the complete die under hot running water to soften the old lube. Remove the center punch and wipe off the excess lube from the sizer and center punch. Heat, and wipe off. Repeat. Use paper towels or napkins to wipe off the lube as it warms. SWMBO will get really pizzedoff if you use the dish washing cloth for this chore. The lube vent holes in the sides of the sizer can be cleaned out with toothpicks. Did I mention - be sure to put the strainer in the sink trap (this step not necessary if you are handy with plumber's wrenches!).

SpaceGlocker
06-11-2008, 04:21 PM
thanks guys....I bought a bunch that I will not use and wish to get them ready for resale....when I get enough posts I will put them up!

uncowboy
06-12-2008, 05:17 PM
Break Clean from the auto parts store cuts the gunk real Quick! J.Michael

dromia
06-16-2008, 04:21 PM
Hot air gun or hair dryer.

Put the lube sizer bits in something to collect the melted lube for future use as a flux or pot luck lube. :-D