PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Turret press

HCL
06-09-2008, 10:40 PM
Well broke down and picked up a turret press, don't like the shell holder, holder but overall should have done it years ago.
This thing makes short work of a box of boolits.
Anyone else have one of these, and how has it been?
Thanks
Mike

Oddman
06-10-2008, 02:52 AM
I purchased a RCBS Turret Press a couple of years ago, works very good, I load 45 & 44-40 black powder for CAS. Solid machine.

HCL
06-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Oddman;
have you had any issues with the shell holder spring? I have to take it out, put the shell holder in, and then place the spring in. Tried the twist to the left and right like the instructions but could not get it to work.
I really like the press though.
Mike

HeavyMetal
06-11-2008, 12:37 AM
Strange you should post this thread!

Currently am modifing an old Tru line JR into a six station 7/8-14 thread turret with the updated shell holder to work with the current "Universal" shell holders.

Concept is to use it as a lite weight "field" reloader at the range for load development.

Almost done, have to get the dies set up and adjust the powder measure before I run my first loads on it.

I just know your gonna ask so I'll tell you right now I did not make the new turret I bought it from a guy on e bay who makes them.

If your interested I 'll post a thread when I'm done.

HCL
06-11-2008, 12:40 AM
interested, yes would like to know how it turns out. dont forget the pictures.

HeavyMetal
06-11-2008, 12:42 AM
Copy that!

Oddman
06-17-2008, 01:46 AM
HCL;
No problems with this RCBS machine, hope you get everything working ok. For large reloading jobs and smokeless, I switch over to the Dillion 550.