PDA

View Full Version : What is the correct area for AR's/Why no AR subforum???

Hamish
10-20-2016, 11:57 AM
I have a problem with a built lower but where is the "correct" subforum area that we are supposed to use? AR topics get blowed all over three different areas, with no "designated" subforum for them. I understand that "Factory Rifles" should probably be used, but it would be helpful if the descriptor for that forum said something about AR's too.

We have a subforum for anything and everything else, including "Shotshells For Pistols", would it *really* be that big a deal to have a "Semi-Auto" area like lever actions and single shots do?

Ok, I'm done ranting,,,,,:roll:

country gent
10-20-2016, 12:16 PM
While Im not a moderator or any one other than a member my thoughts on this are that since the Basic AR desighn is the civillian version of the military M16 that military rifles would be more fitting for them. Maybe a sub forum added to military rifles for semi autos would be a nice addition. This would cover Garands, M1As, AR15s, AR 10s, The Ak series and some others.

Geezer in NH
10-20-2016, 12:19 PM
We got the one you need

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?20-Gunsmithing-Tips-amp-Tricks

dragon813gt
10-20-2016, 12:20 PM
This has been discussed before. Use whatever forum you want. They won't create an AR specific subforum.

montana_charlie
10-20-2016, 04:36 PM
This is probably as good as any ...
What's the problem with your lower?

Nevermind.
I see where you asked your question ...

runfiverun
10-21-2016, 12:16 AM
Hamish,,,,, dude we got one.
look at the cast loads/military rifles section,,,,, the very first thing listed is AR's.

MaryB
10-21-2016, 03:03 AM
This was created for the modern sporting rifles of all types http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?27-CB-Loads-Military-Rifles

n10sivern
10-21-2016, 03:13 AM
What is the problem with the lower?

bearcove
10-22-2016, 12:23 AM
I think the gas operated ie gas port that is the problem just like muzzlebrakes so you shall be shunned like all the other sinners