PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Beef?

pjh421
06-09-2008, 09:00 PM
Anybody else notice a serious lack of 4 cavity iron moulds for sale from our favorite suppliers lately?

Paul

miestro_jerry
06-09-2008, 09:57 PM
Paul,

Yes I have seen that lack of product, I have a few that I need onhand at the moment, I may look at a couple 4 or 6 C RD molds in the near future, but other wise, I have the ones I need for 357, 44, 45 for my pistols. But I don't see on the Lee Presicion website any rifle molds beyound 2 C. On the LYman website, I only see 2C and 1C rifle molds, but several 4 cavity pistol molds. molds, I am not sure of what RCBS and other are offereing.

Jerry

Calamity Jake
06-10-2008, 09:30 AM
For mass producted iron 4 cav moulds Lyman and Saeco are the only makers and then not for all of there designs.

Tristan
06-10-2008, 10:01 AM
Maybe fewer people shooting = fewer people casting = less demand

Just a WAG

I'm trying to collect any that I think I need... and this site is very helpful in that regard!

- Tristan

Bret4207
06-11-2008, 07:37 PM
I don't believe Lyman has any interest in casting and moulds. They've just plain dropped the ball. Sad.

monadnock#5
06-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Lyman, et al, can read the tea leaves as well as we can. Wheel weights on the endangered species list, increasing oversight and regulation at all levels of government.

I have two ancestors in my tree who lost their shirts when galvanized steel buckets swept wooden buckets out of the marketplace.

If you had the money to invest, would you sink it all into anything related to reloading?