PDA

View Full Version : want to put a red dot on my king cobra...who makes the mounting base?

mozeppa
10-19-2016, 02:17 PM
looked at all the usual places ...burris, optima,vortex,doctor,trijicon
but they don't make the mounting base.

i don't want to send the gun off to anyone and wait 4 weeks to 6 months for one to be made.

surely someone here has just bought one and put it on themselves!...(not rocket science)
i just bought 9 mounts for 9 of my other shooters from evolution gun works...i asked them about the colt
king cobra, and they said they don't make that one because they don't have a "print" for that model. (whatever that means.)

this should NOT be this hard..

i've talked to burris twice, they won't make it either.

i've said this time and time again ...all 4 of the above a quality red dots....BUT
if the wanted to be a industry leader instead of an "also ran"
all they would have to do is make the bases for all the modern handguns being produced today.
and don't try to tell me that that's too much machining work to accomlish.

with todays modern CNC milling machines it would be no harder than chucking up a blank base ,calling up the program on the computer and running it on the CNC ...shouldn't take more than 1 hour start to finish....really!...i mean that any prospective customer
should be able to call up the shop at 9a.m. ...tell the order taker what gun make, model he has ...run a credit card... pull out a blank
chuck it up...find the program...run it ...inspect the finished product...pack it and ship it before 11a.m.

THIS would make any of these sight makers the front runners in this field!

am i asking for too much?

if anyones done it ....help a brother out![smilie=b::bigsmyl2:

475AR
10-19-2016, 03:27 PM
Look here http://www.reedercustomguns.com/spotlightL.htm, reeder will do DA mounts as well for the micro dot sights like the fastfire and JP type sights. If you have one he does not currently do send him the sight as well and he will do it. I am planning to send him a Dan Wesson to make a mount for in a month or so.