PDA

View Full Version : Extended absence for me due to some family tragedy. Please understand.

Tallbald
10-16-2016, 11:06 PM
I've been absent for some time, and early this summer I had all expectations of returning here to the forum for more growth and sharing of ideas. My reason for posting this is severalfold. I hate to disappear and just turn back up without a bit of explanation so I'll paraphrase some. My loving wife Penny and I have for the years of our marriage been the "go-to" children for her aging parents who live in an adjacent county. Penny's daddy was 40 years an ordained minister in the Cumberland Presbyterian Church, and her mother was the stereotypical involved and giving minister's wife.This spring and summer they were in need of attentive help due to illness and other age related issues. Penny and I provided much help, attending to their needs frequently. Most sadly, my loving father-in-law and mother-in-law were murdered at their home August 8th in a vicious, unmitigated manner. At their home that evening they were visited by a person possessed of pure evil who killed them both. Miss Penny and I were the family members who discovered them, and nothing in our many years of nursing practice prepared us for what we found. The last 2+ months have been a nightmare. With the soon to be held sale of Kenny and Dorothy's home, we are praying for a return to some level of peace. Until last Wednesday, I haven't been to our local range for over two months. I am slowly returning to my hobbies. I appreciate understanding of Miss Penny's and my situation. Link below to validate what I am sharing. A suspect has been arrested, and was well known to Dad and Mom. Thanks as always. Don Sterchi

http://www.bgdailynews.com/news/couple-found-killed-inside-their-butler-county-home/article_5edcaa70-5ea4-11e6-a863-539b252cb4ec.html

Bzcraig
10-16-2016, 11:19 PM
I am so sorry that you and your bride have had to endure this unspeakable tragedy. I pray your hearts and minds are healed from what your eyes saw and that a return to the 'new' normal helps speed things along.

jcren
10-16-2016, 11:27 PM
Prayers and condolences for your tradgedy.

shoot-n-lead
10-16-2016, 11:39 PM
Sorry to hear of this tragedy and prayers sent for all involved.

Blackwater
10-17-2016, 12:04 AM
God be with you and all their loved ones, Tallbald! There is nothing anyone can say to make it "better." But we can pray for you, and that the Grace of our Lord will enable you to bear this heinous crime with grace and dignity yourselves, and get through it with your faith intact. This was the work of Satan, not God. May God grant you and all the loved ones peace with it all. You're in our prayers.

USMC87
10-17-2016, 07:42 AM
We will be praying for you and the family, May GOD's blessing and comfort abound upon you.

Pine Baron
10-17-2016, 08:51 AM
Prayers sent. I'm speechless.

William Yanda
10-17-2016, 09:05 AM
We will be praying for you and the family, May GOD's blessing and comfort abound upon you.

What he said!

smoked turkey
10-17-2016, 09:06 AM
Tallbald this is such a tragic incident. I can only pray that the Lord of all comfort will grant you and your family the peace that passes all understanding in this situation. Also that justice will be served against the person who did this terrible thing. Your absence from the chapel is well understood. You were doing the most important things you could and should do. May the Lord heal your hurts and cleanse your mind of these terrible events.

dilly
10-17-2016, 09:07 AM
What a tragedy! I'm very sorry for your loss and the trauma as well.

JonB_in_Glencoe
10-17-2016, 09:19 AM
wow, just wow.
Praying for you and your wife and all the families involved.

jmort
10-17-2016, 09:53 AM
Praying for you my Brother, and especially your wife and her family. Even in a fallen world, this is hard to fathom.

Preacher Jim
10-17-2016, 11:27 AM
praying for the Lord to cover all of you with His grace and give you healing and peace in this tradgedy. may the Lords hand hold you all as you work through this.
Amen

wv109323
10-17-2016, 09:42 PM
May the void created by the passing of your loved ones be filled with God's love. Prayers Sent

big bore 99
10-17-2016, 09:57 PM
Prayers sent.

castalott
10-17-2016, 10:37 PM
Sincere Prayers of Faith, Understanding, Love, and Redemption.... I don't have words for you but maybe One who can help is close by.... Dale

WRideout
10-18-2016, 12:01 AM
May God give all of you peace and hope.

Wayne