PDA

View Full Version : IdahoRon and Johnson42.... thank you again

Themoose
10-15-2016, 09:57 PM
Just got done hanging a nice fat doe shot this evening(first day of PA antlerless MZ season)... Used IdahoRon's recipe for a paperpatched bullet in my .45 Knight Disc rifle...cast 400 gr 43 Mauser bullet, 2 wraps of onion skin over 80 grains of powder with a felt wad.... three years now, three shots and all were pretty much bang,flop! Tonight's doe didn't take a step(of course only about 60-65 yds).. I use high shoulder shot cause I'm getting old and don't like to chase em.... had a terrible time trying to get her into the truck by myself... now the work begins!!! Thanks again to the two gentlemen who got me into paper patching... good guys with a lot of good info.

Kindest regards,

TheMoose

idahoron
10-15-2016, 10:29 PM
That is awesome!! I am glad that I had a hand in helping you.

johnson1942
10-15-2016, 10:35 PM
thanks for the post. idaho ron has done alot for teaching us all the art of paperpatching. i recently sighted in the custom inline i will hunt with in dec with a 485 grain double wrapped paperpatched bullet. even after shooting pp bullets alot i couldnt hardly believe the accuracy i got with them. they are like a freight train coming, easy to load and reliable. teach others if you get the opportunity, thanks again.

54bore
10-15-2016, 10:46 PM
Just got done hanging a nice fat doe shot this evening(first day of PA antlerless MZ season)... Used IdahoRon's recipe for a paperpatched bullet in my .45 Knight Disc rifle...cast 400 gr 43 Mauser bullet, 2 wraps of onion skin over 80 grains of powder with a felt wad.... three years now, three shots and all were pretty much bang,flop! Tonight's doe didn't take a step(of course only about 60-65 yds).. I use high shoulder shot cause I'm getting old and don't like to chase em.... had a terrible time trying to get her into the truck by myself... now the work begins!!! Thanks again to the two gentlemen who got me into paper patching... good guys with a lot of good info.

Kindest regards,

TheMoose

Congrats on the deer!! This paper patching is the only way to fly in my opinion! I highly doubt i will ever shoot another greasy Maxi ball

koger
10-17-2016, 03:00 AM
Just got into shooting them lately, deadly accurate and a big old chunk of lead that will let the air out of whatever it hits.

Themoose
10-21-2016, 08:39 PM
I owe the two gents another thanks.... Got my second doe tonight with the paperpatched 45 Knight...about 115yds...bang, flop! Destroyed lungs and tore off top of her heart...I love that rig and bullet... I could have used centerfire today because we're in 3 day "senior/youth" special season... but I went with the inline.... no handicap there, even if it was windy and drizzling... Thanks again IdahoRon and Johnson42.

Kindest regards,

TheMoose

idahoron
10-21-2016, 10:15 PM
I love it! Congratulations on filling the freezer.

johnson1942
10-22-2016, 09:22 AM
knowledge is ment to be shared and glad your having fun.