PDA

View Full Version : I missed

aarolar
10-15-2016, 08:18 AM
Opening day front stuffer here in Georgia and I missed, had 15 does scattered from 10yds to 50yds. The one at 10yds was the boss and was staring me right in the eyes as I squinted just so I could see but still hide my eyeballs. She finally decided she was not comfortable with that funny looking blob and turned to run so I tried a quick shot at one at about 30yds and the dang set trigger got me, my fine motor skills were gone and I shot over her back.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

44man
10-15-2016, 08:30 AM
It happens! But a clean miss is not bad.
Happened to me long ago with a set trigger. I seen a deer that I never got a shot at but had set the trigger. Later we jumped one in a field and as I brought the flinter up, I hit the trigger with my glove.
Thing is only an ounce or two.
Then a dull flint did not fire until I was bringing the gun down. Changed the flint and never seen another deer.

Washington1331
10-16-2016, 04:42 PM
I second the at least it was a clean miss. A decade ago, I took a shot at a doe with my 25WSSM at about 150 yards. Little did I know that my buddy had knocked over the rifle onto the scope at deer camp the previous evening and was too embarrassed to say anything. The poor doe kicked at the shot, and walked into the woods. I never found a blood trail, but I still spent the better part of two days trying to track her down. Looking back I still feel a little bad on that one.

Clean misses aren't hard to swallow if you can handle the ribbing from your buddies... it's the ones that you're not sure of that are a bit harder to choke down.

taco650
10-18-2016, 08:19 PM
A clean miss is ok by me. I did it twice yesterday on armadillos at no more than 10 feet LOL! Was using my 1860 Army .44 and shot over the first one and under the second. Also was fool enough to shoot a second time at the second one. HOWEVER... I saw a third one and he wasn't so lucky ;-).