PDA

View Full Version : For thought and meditation

rl69
10-15-2016, 06:43 AM
He who covers his sins will not prosper, but whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy.—Proverbs 28:13 (http://harvest.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4f108f827aed8d503b5fca9fa&id=12bb31410e&e=3dd732485b)People offer up many excuses as to why they will not come to Christ—why they won't come to church with you—why they ask you to not even talk about Jesus.

Want to know what it really is?

They don't want to turn from their sin.

John 3:19–20 (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/x-apple-data-detectors://1) says, "And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed"(NKJV).

History tells the story of a castle-like prison in Paris known as the Bastille. They decided to destroy it, for it had outlived its usefulness. A prisoner who had been kept confined in a dark, dingy dungeon in this prison for many years was brought out. But instead of welcoming his new freedom, he begged to be taken back in! It had been so long since he had seen the sun; he was blinded by its radiance. His only desire was to go back and die in the murky dungeon where he had been a captive.

This pattern continues until eventually these people who hate the light become so hardened in their sin that they prefer the dark ways of eternal death.

As Oswald Chambers said, "Sin enough and you will soon be unconscious of sin

Preacher Jim
10-15-2016, 07:37 AM
Good lessons

Boaz
10-15-2016, 07:55 AM
Haven't got time this morning but I'll be back this evening to comment . Everyone should have a thought or thoughts on this . The lesson was good .

Pine Baron
10-15-2016, 08:04 AM
Thanks rl. This is a really deep and powerful lesson.

Blackwater
10-15-2016, 12:15 PM
This one outlines the great battle between our will and the Lord's, and how we all try, even the best of us, at first to deal with it. And it's a constant battle between the two wills - ours and the Lord. Satan doesn't use junk for his temptations. He uses the shiniest, brightest and most pleasurable things he has at his disposal to lure us away from faith in the Lord, and acquiescence with His rather than our own. Only great diligence and commitment can overcome our love of our own wills, and it's a constant challenge, and only changes in degree of willingness to follow Christ, and the degree and type of temptations facing us.

All falter at times, and sometimes give in temporarily. The wise and faithful see their errors, and return, confess and ask for the grace of forgiveness. This is one reason I've long noticed that simple humility seems to be the biggest mark of a "complete" Christian. Only the humble can really do what is required of us for our own benefit. The haughty, the proud and the "high and mighty" are easy prey for Satan's temptations. I think this is why Christ said it was easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a "rich" man to enter Heaven. But I've known some rich folks, or certainly well to do, who were some of the most humble I've met in this world. But they owned their money, vs. their money owning them and their attitudes.

When we begin to really start understanding how the God set things up to work, everything starts meshing together perfectly, one principle with the other. This gives us great confirmation that His word is truly True, and that He does indeed love us, and wants us to be happy and satisfied in this world as well as the next. Blessed be the name of the Lord.