PDA

View Full Version : Swaging Equipment

anachronism
06-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Are there any places where I might find used swaging equipment? Corbins is a bit spendy to start out with. RCE is about the same. I've been looking for some used CH or similar equipment for the last few months without any success.

DLCTEX
06-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Good luck, the swaging stuff that occasionally is on Ebay brings almost new price. DALE

Swagerman
06-08-2008, 04:18 PM
I have an older Herter's No. 3 press suitable for swaging...with an automatic bullet ejector device forsale in this forum's classifieds.

Jim

anachronism
06-08-2008, 06:23 PM
I'm mostly concerned about dies. My Redding Big Boss should have big enough coconuts for basic swaging, at least until I get the hand of it and decide how deep I want to get into it. Like many people, I's like to make .223 bullets.

JerryW
06-09-2008, 02:04 PM
I've got one of thease I have been using to true up the base and tweek the length of my 32 cal. breech seated bullets. I have a die now that does that in a regular press. Blackman makes jacketed bullet making dies and I think would do ones for lead bullets also. This is a good little press. Am thinking about selling it. JerryW