View Full Version : My baby girl is now a widdow.

str8wal
10-13-2016, 11:05 AM
It has been a sad few days for the Holmgren family. My youngest daughter Brittney's husband died over the weekend and left her and three lovely girls aged 2, 5 and 8 behind. No insurance as young people don't think they are going to die and as with so many of us live from paycheck to paycheck. It just goes to show that tomorrow is never assured regardless of how we feel today. Prayers would most certainly be welcomed in this time of sorrow.

I am doing all I can to help, but if anyone has a few bucks that they can spare to help her through the challenge of the next few months, a friend of hers has set up a "youcaring" account for her.

https://www.youcaring.com/brittney-colburn-668239

She has two months left of nursing school to finish and then as an RN should be financially stable. She is an amazing woman, going to school and raising a family all the while maintaining a 4.0 gpa, and even working part time at the old folks home here. I am so proud of her.

Give your loved ones a hug evey time you get the chance. You just never know.....

God bless, Rod.

P.S. If it is inappropriate to post fundraising information here I apologize and feel free to remove.

Preacher Jim
10-13-2016, 11:36 AM
our prayers are with all of you.

jmort
10-13-2016, 11:42 AM
Breaks my heart to hear this my Brother. Praying for all concerned. Will help.

jcren
10-13-2016, 11:47 AM
Prayers sent

USMC87
10-13-2016, 03:04 PM
Heavenly Father we come before Your high and Holy throne bringing this loss for Your comfort, Strength, Encouragement. We ask that You will provide all the means necessary for this family. We ask that this would bring honor and glory to You and that this would be a time of salvation in this incident, We ask these things in Jesus name. Amen.

shoot-n-lead
10-13-2016, 03:17 PM
Terrible news.

Prayer sent.

tdoyka
10-13-2016, 03:23 PM
prayers sent

JonB_in_Glencoe
10-13-2016, 03:26 PM
Sorry to hear this, Prayin' for your family.

Pine Baron
10-13-2016, 03:29 PM
Heavenly Father we come before Your high and Holy throne bringing this loss for Your comfort, Strength, Encouragement. We ask that You will provide all the means necessary for this family. We ask that this would bring honor and glory to You and that this would be a time of salvation in this incident, We ask these things in Jesus name. Amen.
Amen.

Blackwater
10-13-2016, 03:34 PM
Gee whiz, Rod! This is awful! Prayers out for all of you, and a special request for the kids. It's really hard on kids at those ages, I know. A couple who are one of the pillars in our church just lost their 25 yr. old son in a tragic fluke accident, and he'd only been married 2 wks.! God be with you all, and you're all in my prayers.

Boaz
10-13-2016, 05:35 PM
Praying for your family . I am so sorry for your loss . May our Lord be with you all .

Bzcraig
10-13-2016, 11:29 PM
Breaks my heart to hear this my Brother. Praying for all concerned. Will help.

Yes, indeed!

square butte
10-14-2016, 07:38 AM
Prayer sent up for Brittney and the girls - So very sorry for your loss

str8wal
10-15-2016, 11:10 AM
I want to thank everyone for the prayers and well wishes. Funeral was yesterday and not a dry eye in the church. Time will heal they say, I believe that. Her faith and friends are pulling her through and the children are holding up remarkedly well. God bless.

Blackwater
10-15-2016, 11:40 AM
Thanks for letting us know, Str8wal. Tragedies happen in this life. It's how folks deal with them that makes all the difference. The Good Lord giveth, and sometimes, takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord. We can never know in this life why He allows things like this to happen. Is it because He knew something we don't, and this was the only way to avoid it? Did He just want to remind us all that tomorrow is promised to none of us, young or old? This is where simple Faith comes in, and is the ONLY real way to deal with it. Faith without understanding is the hardest kind to show, but it's also the most necessary.

God and His peace be with you all in this time of sorrow.

MaryB
10-15-2016, 10:12 PM
Prayers for the family :-( this is never an easy time...

Pumpkinheaver
10-15-2016, 11:22 PM
Prayers for you and your family.

GoodOlBoy
10-16-2016, 08:01 AM
Prayers sent.

God Bless, and One Love.

GoodOlBoy