PDA

View Full Version : Throated 45 acp

AbitNutz
10-11-2016, 06:48 PM
Just to let you all know, I sent my barrel to DougGuy for a much needed throating job. I just got it back today and to use a trite expression, "I couldn't be happier". The barrel went through a bit of a chamber readjustment, throating, ramp polish and muzzle crown. It's really quite something now. It chambers rounds so slickly it's hard to believe. The former problem regarding the H&G #68 style bullet is no more. This is a pretty special barrel to me. It's a Kart match grade 6" that has been Magnaported....a costly barrel indeed.

The price he charged for this was just so reasonable I couldn't resist...and neither should any of you. If Doug has a service that you can take advantage of...I would do so again without hesitation. In faact, I'm endeavoring to get him to handle a Savage barrel that I'm about to take delivery of.

The people in this forum are not just helpful and talented but also honest to a fault...However, in the imortal words of Groucho Marx, "I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER".

Bzcraig
10-12-2016, 12:41 AM
Yes, Doug has done a couple for me as well and his work is second to none!

45 Dragoon
10-17-2016, 07:26 AM
Abitnutz, glad your Kart doesn't have a "sore throat" any more!!

Read a lot about DougGuy. Good to know!

Mike