PDA

View Full Version : Star and SAECO

Bent Ramrod
06-07-2008, 11:05 PM
Can SAECO dies be used in a Star lubrisizer? It doesn't look like the top punches will interchange but the sizing die bodies look pretty close. I was thinking (dangerous!) that the plunger could be removed from the SAECO die body and the boolits run through from top to bottom as usual. Some SAECO dies seem to be threaded at the bottom, others not, for some reason. Do the Star dies need to be screwed into the machine, or are they just held by the flange and a set screw?

Has anybody tried this? I tried the Search but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

billyb
06-07-2008, 11:16 PM
Can SAECO dies be used in a Star lubrisizer? It doesn't look like the top punches will interchange but the sizing die bodies look pretty close. I was thinking (dangerous!) that the plunger could be removed from the SAECO die body and the boolits run through from top to bottom as usual. Some SAECO dies seem to be threaded at the bottom, others not, for some reason. Do the Star dies need to be screwed into the machine, or are they just held by the flange and a set screw?

Has anybody tried this? I tried the Search but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

never handled a saeco sizer die. the star rest on the flange. the older stars had a set screw,the new magma stars which i use do not have a set screw. i dont think it will work. Bill

Jon K
06-08-2008, 12:12 AM
Different body size, and the threads on the Saeco die are for the nut which holds the die in place. At least that's how the Saeco I had worked. When I got my Star, I dropped the Saeco die into the Star.............not even close.

Jon

Bent Ramrod
06-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Thanks, guys.