PDA

View Full Version : Luke 2;8-14

Boaz
10-11-2016, 08:01 AM
Generally read at Christmas but I like it year round .

8 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

Preacher Jim
10-11-2016, 05:00 PM
An a babe was borned in a sheep fold to become the sacrifice for our sins on that cross at Easter. Praise the Lord everyday for His love.

USMC87
10-11-2016, 10:47 PM
I love those verses!

rl69
10-12-2016, 09:50 PM
Isaiah 9:2-6 The people who walk in darkness will see a great light. For those who live in a land of deep darkness, a light will shine. You will enlarge the nation of Israel, and its people will rejoice. They will rejoice before you as people rejoice at the harvest and like warriors dividing the plunder. For you will break the yoke of their slavery and lift the heavy burden from their shoulders. You will break the oppressor’s rod, just as you did when you destroyed the army of Midian. The boots of the warrior and the uniforms bloodstained by war will all be burned. They will be fuel for the fire. For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Blackwater
10-13-2016, 09:28 AM
It's not called "the greatest story ever told" for nothing! I went to town at Booksamillion, and got 3 Christmas tapes on sale for $5 ea. The singers are Perry Como, Tony Bennett and John Denver. We're gonna' have an "old fashioned Christmas this year!