PDA

View Full Version : Contender Carbine update

Parson
06-07-2008, 09:31 PM
I posted a couple of questions some time ago about a problem with my Contender Carbine in 17 Remington. It would either perferate primers (factory Remington ammo) or at best the primers would flow back into the firing pin hole far enough that to open the action I would need to give it a good whack over the knee to break loose. While I was going to fix it myself I decided phooey, I paid good money for a custom shop barrel let them fix it. They replaced the fireing pin bushing, fireing pins and springs. Its now tolerable but nothing to brag about. Get a small amount of primer flow and only shoots about an inch at 100 (with factory ammo)but I can live with that, fouls too fast to use it on prairie dogs or gophers but coyotes and fox will be OK ( but may try moly next), still wish I had bought a 22 Hornet instead

schreibwy
06-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Go to bellems tc site. On the bench rest sight he helped build a rifle that shoots into the .1 inches at 100 yards. He seems to have a lot of fixes for those things that can go wrong with TC.

I spelt it rong. It's bellm

STP22
06-16-2008, 05:40 AM
Parson,

I had the same issue with my TC Custom Shop .17 Remington bull barrel. Factory rounds did poorly at 100yds and my handloads weren`t much better. When I switched to Remington 7 1/2 BR primers things improved. The action opens with ease now.