PDA

View Full Version : 8mm Murata reloads on the cheap!!

Depreacher
06-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Still can't get the $107+ship saved up for the 8x53R Murata dies,Soooooo, just made do with what I had. Looked at all my dies so I could figure out a way to just neck size and reload my 3 precious brass that I have only $17.20 in. Got my RCBS 32-20 3 die set out. Using a Lyman 17 shellholder (45-70), with a piece of soft copper wire inserted to help center the .558 rim. it worked. Ran the once fired brass into the 32-20 boolit seater die only to the shoulder, of course. This brought the neck down a little. Then, ran the 3 brass into the 32-20 FL sizing die. Even though it's a tapered die everything went OK. Next, ran the 3 into an old 310 8mm expander in a 7/8" adapter. There was enough of a bump up on the expander plug to allow the .330 boolit (w/check) to enter. Ran them through my 8x57 Lee collet die to remove the primer. The bottom of the collet die is HUGE so plenty of room was available, and was careful not to let the collet squeeze the very top of the neck. Seated CCI 300s with the Rcbs jr. press. Too much trouble to dig out the rcbs hand priming tool for just 3 cases. Took the Lee 8X57 seating die with the seater plug screwed all the way down, and screwed the main body down just enough to seat the gas check and the last driving band. This gave a nice fit in what's left of the Murata throat. Used 24 gr. of 4759 behind the Lee 205 gr. boolit to "proof" the rifle, but will shoot a normal load of 20 gr. for target practice. It's no sin to be poor, but it can certainly be inconvenient at times. Preacher