PDA

View Full Version : Smokes Clear PC

Eddie17
10-08-2016, 07:26 PM
Really liking Smokes clear. In person you can really see how well it covers. Before?
After.178416
Up close, you can see full coverage with the clear PC.
Thanks Smoke for a great product!

OS OK
10-08-2016, 07:31 PM
Can't beat clear gloss...flows really nice to fill in any nicks. Looks like regular lead boolits except that they shine.
I like how they coat...looks like sugar coated lemon drops.

Dragonheart
10-09-2016, 08:48 AM
Smoke's Clear, it's not just for bullets anymore, so be careful.

We have a lot of brass cabinet knobs with an intricate design pattern in our kitchen and for years we have had a problem with the brass tarnishing then going black to green. I have tumbled polished them and then applied lacquer, but the lacquer wears off. Then my wife asked me if powder coating the knobs would work and I said of course, but you would need to pick a color. Then I though, no you don't need to pick a color, I can clear coat them. Long story short Smoke's Clear powder did a beautiful job and now the knobs have a high gloss clear tough hard finish that won't wear off and it lets the bright brass show through.

The problem is now my wife sees the benefit to powder coating and is looking for other things for me to powder coat, especially since she has learned she can now change the color of so many things. She already has a list I have started on, so I may not be coating as many bullets as I used to. So be careful who you show the powder coating process to, as it is too late for me.

reddog81
10-09-2016, 10:42 AM
I like the clear gloss also. It's covers very well. The only complaint I have is that it smells terrible. Much worse than other colors I've tried.

meadmkr
10-12-2016, 09:39 PM
Smoke's Clear, it's not just for bullets anymore, so be careful.
The problem is now my wife sees the benefit to powder coating and is looking for other things for me to powder coat, especially since she has learned she can now change the color of so many things. She already has a list I have started on, so I may not be coating as many bullets as I used to. So be careful who you show the powder coating process to, as it is too late for me.

"Happy Spouse Happy House"

Look at it this way, you may end up with lots of different color powders to "experiment" with and that upgraded oven for baking things :)

theTastyCat
10-16-2016, 07:35 PM
I was a bit afraid of the clear because I worried I wouldn't be able to tell if the finished product had coated well - thanks for "clearing" that up :)