PDA

View Full Version : CD trigger observation/question

bigted
10-08-2016, 06:07 PM
So I have this XD40 tactical pistol and other then my gripe about the horrendous trigger take up ... She has become my favorite pistol.

Taking it to parade rest ... I still do not see the why of having the trigger bar too long ... Thusly leaving so much take up before the bar tip makes positive contact with the sear.

My question is this ... Why not build up this area till it makes contact much sooner
.. thus making the trigger take up almost nill
I have looked at seemingly every angle and function and fail to see the need for this much trigger take up ... Unless it just be a lawyer issue. In this day n age I understand ... However as I'm a tinkerer at heart ... (Already honed down the striker for a much better trigger pull) and so I wonder how many been here before me and as a fellow poor boy fixed this issue at home .

This is what I intend to do ... Purchase another trigger transfer bar and add metal to the contact tit till I have lessened the take up a bunch. I see the need for some but good grief ... Too much of a good thing as far as I can see.

Thanks

bigted
10-08-2016, 06:10 PM
Guess that should read XD40 not CD ... STUPID PHONE

country gent
10-08-2016, 07:00 PM
There are several aftermarket connectors for the glocks series to lighten and maybe shorten the trigger pull. There may be some available for the XDs also. Not real sure on the XDs how the trigger and striker interact....

bigted
10-08-2016, 10:56 PM
the "linkage" or what i called the trigger "bar connector" is just a bar of flat metal bent strategically to fit around the frame and disconnector and hook onto the sear to lower the sear from the striker when the trigger is pressed. this "bar" is just long enough to cause the exuberant slack in the trigger before the "bar hook" engages the sear.

my theory is that if a feller either shortened this bar or added metal on the "hook" then the slack in the trigger take up would be lessened and then with the addition of a piece of plastic glued and filed on the inside of the trigger guard behind the trigger proper ... for an over travel stop ... this would/should make for an unbeatable machine.

just thinkin outloud is all. wondering if others have "fixed" or "tinkered" thusly with their XD pistols ... or has every body just purchased outrite the gizmos that will do this just with an install and no ruined brain cells in overthinking these issues.

contender1
10-09-2016, 08:15 AM
"Unless it just be a lawyer issue."
There is your answer. We live in a litigious society.