PDA

View Full Version : xd problems

stumpjumper
06-06-2008, 06:30 PM
i just bought a new xd, and i wasnt geared up for the 45 acp so i bought some ammo and went out and shot it. it shot fine. now my problem, i ordered a mold and cast me up some bullets. then i made a dummy round. i pulled the gun apart checked the dummy round in the barrel all was good. i went to put the gun back together and now the slide is locked half way back. i for the life of me cant figure how to get it apart. anyone else have this problem. this wasnt my first time taking it a apart.

45nut
06-06-2008, 06:32 PM
you need to pull the trigger to release the slide from that spot.

stumpjumper
06-06-2008, 07:51 PM
45nut, i tried that nothing happened. it is locked up. it looks like the barrel is forward in the slide.

45nut
06-06-2008, 08:29 PM
use a rubber mallet and tap the slide back and forth,,easy though. something is just hung up.

stumpjumper
06-06-2008, 08:35 PM
i went out on the xd forum someone else had the same problem and they also shared how the fixed it. there is something about beating on a brand new gun that doesnt sit well with me (lol). anyway my guide rod was off center and i had to beat (lightly tap) the slide back down. thank you for your help 45nut.

monadnock#5
06-06-2008, 09:06 PM
I did the same thing with a Glock 17 a while back. Just the sight of the mechanic's hammer coming out of the drawer was all it took to make it behave. [smilie=1: