PDA

View Full Version : is this true

canuck4570
06-06-2008, 02:10 PM
recently I ordered a NEI mold (action express 320 gr.) for my Katahdin in 500 sw....
I could not seat hornady gas check on cast bullits even if spreding the gaz check but these gaz check I could seat them easaly on the 440 gr Lee mold and to be shure I seated them on one of my friend Lee 440 gr also and they just whent on easaly...Phone NEI and he told me that his bullet are made for gattor gaz check....
Nei told me he would make a new mold but it would take some time ... and I did not want to wait so ask him to send me his 460 gr gaz check mold that he could send me immediately...
will wait for it to arrive and see if my hornady gaz check will work... if not I will by gattor.... your opinion on this.... By the way I have a NEI mold for my 4570 and no problem to put hornady gaz check on....Last words.... had very good service and no arquments from NEI on this....

Calamity Jake
06-06-2008, 02:27 PM
There's not that much difference in Hornday and Gater checks, I've applied both to the same boolet with no problems.
I think the check shank dia. in your mould is oversize, send the mould back to NEI and let him fix it.

Beerd
06-06-2008, 03:00 PM
So far I've only used them on .35 cal, but Hornady and Gator checks work the same for me.