PDA

View Full Version : Ephesians 2;8-9

Boaz
10-05-2016, 07:40 AM
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Blackwater
10-05-2016, 09:20 AM
Of all the wondrous benefits and gifts God gave us, I think grace is the most awesome of all. Where would we all be without it? It's the mechanism by which we are forgiven and saved from our sins. It's the mechanism at work when God smiles on us even when we fall short. It's at the root of salvation itslef. And there's not one single thing any of us can do to earn salvation, even when we're at out very best. It's grace that always leads the way in our lives, and in everything we do and are and ever could be. No greater gift has ever been given, and it was purchased at the price of Christ's Holy blood, shed on the cross, in mine and your place. Grace is the most awesome and wondrous gift we could ever receive.

Thanks, Boaz. Great post, brother.

Preacher Jim
10-05-2016, 09:59 AM
i am so thankful God knew i could never make it on my own. all i did was admit i was a sinnner, believe God and that He raised Jesus and accept him as my personal Savior. So simple it confounds the wise because it takes their way out of the picture.

Pine Baron
10-05-2016, 10:22 AM
This is the one simple fact that provides the greatest hope.

WRideout
10-05-2016, 06:17 PM
God's grace is the only thing that makes life truly worthwhile.

Wayne

USMC87
10-05-2016, 09:18 PM
Oh yes, Grace "unmerited favor" what I could not do in and of myself.

smoked turkey
10-06-2016, 12:41 AM
Well here it is almost midnight. Another day is almost done. I am so thankful for Lamentations 3:22-23 which speaks of God's great love for us and His compassions never fail. Verse 23 is especially comforting to me because sometimes it seems I have used all my grace and mercy for this day, and then I come to that 23rd verse that says "They are new every morning:great is your faithfulness". God is faithful! As the verses in Ephesians 2:8-9 say it sure not anything I have done to deserve it.

Boaz
10-06-2016, 05:43 AM
Well here it is almost midnight. Another day is almost done. I am so thankful for Lamentations 3:22-23 which speaks of God's great love for us and His compassions never fail. Verse 23 is especially comforting to me because sometimes it seems I have used all my grace and mercy for this day, and then I come to that 23rd verse that says "They are new every morning:great is your faithfulness". God is faithful! As the verses in Ephesians 2:8-9 say it sure not anything I have done to deserve it.

The scripture guides , comforts and teaches . I think we take it for granted sometime , without it we would have a hard go of it . Those of us that grew up with it generally accept it as a part of life . I have seen many that came to GOD later in life discover how amazing the bible is and full of questions and enthusiasm to learn from it . Our bible is an amazing gift .