PDA

View Full Version : Diamondback black powder, opinion.

koger
10-02-2016, 08:52 PM
I am running low on 2ffg, thinking about pulling the trigger on a case of this, anyone here used this, opinions, good or bad. I have used Goex, Kiks, Wano, and Shceutzen, had good luck with all, I like Scheutzen the best. All please chime in!

Nobade
10-02-2016, 09:57 PM
It's about as powerful as Goex, not as good as KIK. Fouling is reasonable, it does work just fine for normal (not long range competition) shooting. Not sure if it is still being made?

-Nobade

Maven
10-03-2016, 09:19 AM
I've used more than a case of DB, mostly FFg, in my ML rifles & smoothbores and really like it. It seems to be a bit faster and cleaner than GOEX and about the same as Wano/Graf's, but I've not chronographed any BP loads/brands. I get it from Crater Fireworks, which stocks other brands at good prices: http://addictedtoblackpowder.com/index.html

waksupi
10-03-2016, 11:08 AM
I got a can as a prize this summer, tried it out last week. I usually shoot 3f Schutzen or GOEX, this is 2f. I did notice more fouling, and it seemed like the accuracy wasn't as good. Keep in mind though, I hadn't worked up a load, and was shooting it in a smoothbore. Also, I haven't used 2f in years, so my judgement on the fouling can only be compared to how clean 3f shoots for me in my guns. Like you, I really like Schutzen. I'm on my 4th case, and am getting close to ordering another.

Tatume
10-03-2016, 12:31 PM
I've been using Diamondback for years with excellent results.

tomme boy
10-03-2016, 11:12 PM
Works fine. It is the old Elephant powder. New owners. Also not sure if they are still in business or not. I get mine from the same place as Maven. I drive over to them though. About 30 miles from me. I cant remember if Maven told me about them, or if I told him. Oh well don't matter. Heck of a nice guy that sells it. Always give me swag when I stop by. Must be from all of the people I sent to him around my area.

Maven
10-04-2016, 11:42 AM
I'm guessing you told me, tomme boy. You're fortunate to have a BP supplier so close by as it costs me an extra $55 for shipping & Hazmat fees. If I buy 16 lb. or more, the added cost is negligible though.