PDA

View Full Version : Unique...

375supermag
10-02-2016, 07:30 AM
Hi...

Stopped at one of the local gun shops yesterday afternoon to check out the current powder selection.

Found most all powders in stock in various size canisters with no posted limits on quantities. Same with primers.

I bought two 1lb canisters of Unique at $20.59 each(lowest price I have seen in some time). That was the one powder that was not available in a larger size. Most Alliant handgun powders were in the same price range for 1lb canisters. Prices had been as high as $28.99/lb in this area, depending on the shop.

I still need to stock up a few more pounds of Unique and it wouldn't hurt to have a few more pounds of Bullseye and Blue Dot, as well.
I have quite a bit of 2400, 4227 and W296/H110 on hand along with a few pounds of Power Pistol, HP38/W231, Herco and Red Dot on hand.

I am getting to the point where I have enough powder and primers to last for several years of reloading my favorite loads in just about every handgun caliber I reload for and plenty left over for experimentation.

Ben
10-02-2016, 08:26 AM
I am getting to the point where I have enough powder and primers to last for several years of reloading my favorite loads in just about every handgun caliber I reload for and plenty left over for experimentation.

Count yourself fortunate !

GhostHawk
10-02-2016, 10:51 AM
Exactly so. Very very fortunate.

I am still in the process of stashing away all I might need for the next 10 years.
Just got into shotgun reloading so I need a few more options there. Although I am sitting on a nice stash of Red Dot/Promo.

I do need 209 primers, maybe another 1k of small and large pistol.

Been looking at Longshot, 20/28, Herco but have not pulled the trigger yet.

9w1911
10-02-2016, 01:23 PM

Me too, but I decided to take it all fishing with me and I lost it all in a tragic boating accident. This is the same way I lost all my firearms!!

9w1911
10-02-2016, 01:24 PM
In 20 years time you may be thankful you have the keg of Longshot.

sukivel
10-02-2016, 01:33 PM
In 20 years time you may be thankful you have the keg of Longshot.

In 1 year you'll be thankful if you can find a keg of anything...

runfiverun
10-02-2016, 02:20 PM
I can't find anything but unique and bulls-eye.
well some 1 lber's of 20-28 but it's pretty much just unique in a different form.
BE-86 is around here and there but it's just unique/herco in a new jug too.

i'll beat down your grandmother for some red or green-dot.

9w1911
10-03-2016, 10:11 PM
In 1 year you'll be thankful if you can find a keg of anything... Well dont take it fishing with you , I can testify to that.

fecmech
10-04-2016, 02:51 PM
Been looking at Longshot, 20/28, Herco but have not pulled the trigger yet.
If your goal is loading the 20 ga. take a look at International Clays. Now being made in Canada, excellent 20 ga target powder(7/8 oz.) and reasonably priced at Powder Valley. An 8 lb. keg $126.

waco
10-05-2016, 07:12 PM
I can't find anything but unique and bulls-eye.
well some 1 lber's of 20-28 but it's pretty much just unique in a different form.
BE-86 is around here and there but it's just unique/herco in a new jug too.

i'll beat down your grandmother for some red or green-dot.

Lol! I picked up an 8 lb jug of Red Dot a couple weeks ago. Pricey but I got it.

jonp
10-05-2016, 07:23 PM
Me too, but I decided to take it all fishing with me and I lost it all in a tragic boating accident. This is the same way I lost all my firearms!!

Yea, I thought I was set until that happened myself. Now I have to start all over with primers

vrh
10-12-2016, 08:14 AM
Don't take your guns or powder to New York City. They will steal anything out of your vehicle. That is what I will tell the Feds when they come to get my guns.