PDA

View Full Version : Remington 300 BO cases???

jimb16
09-30-2016, 09:36 PM
This evening, I saw some Remington .300 Black out ammo on the shelf at the local Wally World. At $16 for a box of 20 120 gr HPs I figured it wasn't all that bad, so I picked up a box. I figured that with the price of commercial brass, it was a good deal. What puzzled me is this. When I opened the box I was expecting a Remington head stamp on the cases. But they were made by Barnes! Things that make you go "Hmmmm"! Anyone else run into this?

kawasakifreak77
10-13-2016, 01:58 AM
Yeah Remington is in bed with Barnes on tbe Blackout. They designed the 110gr blacktip just for the blackout & I hear there's a 120gr blacktip boat tail now. They are incredible bullets.

Personally I swore of Remington as most their products are pretty bad these days. I have heard a lot of good about the new 120gr otm though. Fyi you can get those a few dollars a box cheaper on sites like SGammo.com which is a super awesome place to buy ammo.

The Remington brass I've used was okay though. The Hornady cases are a joke. I just sell off my factory cases now, I have so many 5.56 converted that I've picked up for free.

Idaho Sharpshooter
10-18-2016, 02:06 AM
Just buy a separate 300 Blk FL die and make your own. There is a lot of 223 once fired brass here for four or five cents apiece. I bought one of the Lee manual case trimmers, and it keeps me out of trouble in the winters watching college FB and Basketball...

mcdaniel.mac
10-18-2016, 02:22 AM
FWIW I have had good luck with Remington Blackout ammo. I have several boxes of their 220gr subsonics (Bass Pro Had a decent rebate) with no issues.