PDA

View Full Version : NVB speed Caster 42

salpal48
09-30-2016, 07:57 PM
anyone see this machine Cost $6200.00. It is on every ones Favorite auction site

VHoward
09-30-2016, 08:27 PM
$6200 and you still have to pull a handle? At that price, it should be automated.

hunter74
11-14-2016, 02:25 PM
Up..... Anyone tried this out? It sure has some smart upgrades up from the Mark-X model, but I agree the price is to high for a manual caster.

Sent fra min SM-G900F via Tapatalk

runfiverun
11-15-2016, 12:27 PM
that's up into the magma engineering fully automated 8 mold price range.
for 6200 you could set up 3 or more master casters to run on a pid and air cylinder system and crank out thousands of boolits an hour while your doing something else.

jmorris
11-16-2016, 08:59 PM
I agree with run5run but this is it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJQNmiFwCLw&app=desktop

I thought the master caster cost too much, why I built mine. $6,200 is a lot for a completely manual machine.

hunter74
12-04-2017, 01:56 PM
Bump..... Anyone actually purchased this caster?

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Walter Laich
12-04-2017, 05:58 PM
Oh, Oh, I need 6 of these,

no, wait make it a full dozen.

Wow, they are proud of their product. Nice thing about free market--people can set their prices and others can choose to buy or not

DCM
12-04-2017, 09:16 PM
that's up into the magma engineering fully automated 8 mold price range.
for 6200 you could set up 3 or more master casters to run on a pid and air cylinder system and crank out thousands of boolits an hour while your doing something else.

+1! might want to look here first? http://www.magmaengineering.com/master-caster/

Ausglock
12-05-2017, 07:50 AM
The need to push the handle back to activate the pour is very slow.
I have added a solenoid to the pour lever on the mark X with a push button to activeate the pour.
it is twice as fast as the original configuration.

6bg6ga
12-05-2017, 08:22 AM
Its a well designed machine a few added tricks to the Mark X machine. When you ask yourself about its price just remember you have purchased automobiles at their inflated prices. I think its a bit overpriced and in my opinion is more in the $2500-3000 neighborhood but then again I haven't costed the materials, and labor figures either. Its easy to stand back and say something is over priced and another thing to build one. Jmorris has built one and I would welcome his input as to how many hours he spent his hourly rate along with the costs involved. One must also realize that a profit must be made in order to stay in business.

If you figure say $3000.00 in materials and labor then $6000.00 really isn't that far off when trying to pay the bills and stay a float. Would I buy one? If I had the extra money then yes I would.

6bg6ga
12-05-2017, 08:24 AM
The need to push the handle back to activate the pour is very slow.
I have added a solenoid to the pour lever on the mark X with a push button to activeate the pour.
it is twice as fast as the original configuration.

I have to agree and I'll go one better.... I would have added a sensor to start a timed relay to activate the solenoid to make the cycle easier.

6bg6ga
12-05-2017, 08:26 AM
I agree with run5run but this is it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJQNmiFwCLw&app=desktop

I thought the master caster cost too much, why I built mine. $6,200 is a lot for a completely manual machine.

I think they dropped the ball a little. They should have designed a fully automatic machine at a higher price and they would sell a ton of them.

hunter74
12-06-2017, 03:28 AM
Agreed! A fully automated machine priced under Magmas Bullet Master, to fill a gap between the MC and BM. I'm sure many would be interested in that! I would!

Regarding price, it may not be to steep if you count all the factors previously mentioned, but in my opinion, when a new design or product is released into the market it has to be a bit cheaper than a similar allready well known established product! It's very hard to compete in a marked with a great company like Magma! Their machines are great, customer support are great and they have spare parts for their machines, and help you in any way they can with any problems you may have! That's hard to compete with. To establish a new product in a market like this, if all other factors are similar, you have to have a product with a better price to get machines out into the market!

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

jmorris
12-08-2017, 09:41 AM
One can get a used bullet master for less than the speed master.

This would run circles around it at half the price.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?349404-WTS-Magma-Mark-5-Bullet-Master