PDA

View Full Version : got a problem HELP

kjg
06-05-2008, 10:26 AM
here's what I have a mauser FN morrocan contract rifle and it love my normal jacketed handloads: here's me problem when I use normal casted boolits, and properly size and lube them, seat them in a case and insert a dummy in chamber to find its prfered oal, i cannot close the bolt, but when a slight bit o force is used she will chamber, now it engages the rifleing almost imediately full length of bullet. I've loaded them up and of cource down loaded it to shoot them but the boolit is seated so far down in the neck1/3 of the boolit is outside of the case necks, i've tried everything but the lyman 311644 , I am thinking that the throughtis really tight, and the 311644 would do the trick, I really don't what to open the trought any suggestions please.kjg

Ricochet
06-05-2008, 12:59 PM
A Mauser's extractor isn't designed to snap over a case rim. It has to feed the cartridge from the magazine. The case rises and the rim slips behind the extractor from below. Don't force it to close that way, it's bad for the extractor.

BTW, the same is true for an M1911. I didn't know that and did it for a long time. Bad for those extractors, too.

mike in co
06-05-2008, 01:40 PM
well this is gonna sound like basics...but what size are the boolits, and what size is the bore ?
slug or cast the throat and muzzle.
dont think the 466 wuld help..its pretty much full dia except for the first two bands...i believe.

mike

wiljen
06-05-2008, 07:42 PM
If the boolits shoot fine, I wouldn't worry about it. Some of us like the idea of engraving on loading. If they don't shoot, something with a bit more body taper might help in chambering - like the 312-160 Lee or the NEI of like design.