PDA

View Full Version : Troup Systems Para Stock for 597, poor product

SeabeeMan
09-25-2016, 09:46 PM
I recently purchased a Troup Systems 597 stock for my Remington 597 in an effort to make it shorter overall and mount my Wiljen predator light in some way other than the scope. I stained it with Minwax ebony stain, 8 coats of spray Helmsman semi-gloss spar varnish and assembled it today. Unfortunately, once the action is in the stock, you can no longer insert magazines!!! (*&#&%@# [smilie=b:[smilie=b:[smilie=b:

Now I understand that when undertaking a project such as this, some minor fitting will usually be required. Heck, AR's don't go together all the time without a bit of massaging. But the stock interfering with magazines?!?! That is just sub-standard and poor product development. I confirmed this with a factory Remington 10 round mag, both old style and newer, a 30 round Remington magazine, and a 30 round aftermarket, all of them could not be inserted.

A little work with a carbide burr and an Xacto knife fixed it but that ruined my entire experience. I was looking forward to writing a glowing review as I really like the stock otherwise, but that is completely unacceptable.

kycrawler
10-08-2016, 10:50 PM
IIRC. Troup systems used to be Rhineland arms . This was 15 or so years ago Thomas from Rhineland screwed many people on fal files on 9 mm and 45 fal conversions. I was one of them on a 9 conversion . Seems not much has changed