PDA

View Full Version : Inland 1911A1?

Char-Gar
09-25-2016, 04:30 PM
Does anybody have any hands on experience with the Inland Mfg. 1911A1. I am thinking about buying one. I have a number of 1911 pistols, but am thinking about going old school and back in time.

I do know they have the Series 80 thing-a-ma-jig, but that doesn't bother me. They also appear to have a decently throated barrel that the original USGI did not have and the mags are of a modern type.

edp2k
09-25-2016, 05:20 PM
They screwed the pooch on the m1 carbine, search around for the reviews.
Given that track record, I would be very careful.

Char-Gar
09-25-2016, 05:46 PM
They screwed the pooch on the m1 carbine, search around for the reviews.
Given that track record, I would be very careful.

I don't place much stock in reviews. The reviews of the 1911A1 are all glowing. I an not a fan of the M-1 Carbine, so I am not following that. I do now that Mike V has been testing one, and he is impressed with it. WWII firearms are one of his strong suits.

I can hunt up reviews all days long, I am interested in anybody here with hands on experience.

Bigslug
09-25-2016, 07:34 PM
No hands on with that brand - just some observations of a 1911 nerd.

Looks like they decided to strike a balance between classic early war look and cost. They went with the beavertail hammer of the '43 and earlier guns, the slightly bigger, more useful sights of the '43 and LATER guns, and the serrated MSH and slide stop seen from '44 on. Looks like a smooth-face trigger from the photos I have seen - oughta be checkered, regardless of the year they're trying to clone.

I'd at least compare to Auto Ord to see which floats your keel higher out of the mud. I picked up Springfield's WWII Mil Spec back when they were making them - pretty much a straight copy of a late-war Rem-Rand with the narrow diameter .38 Super diameter firing pin & channel SA does as standard, hollow-point friendly throat, and no Series 80 parts. Changed out the SA-logo grips, key-lock MSH, and trigger for Rem-Rand parts cobbled together at a gun show, and it's now my "no longer have to shoot an original when I get the itch" pistol.