PDA

View Full Version : Glock 21 Gen 4 Question

Ed_Shot
09-23-2016, 05:38 PM
Thinking about getting a Glock 21 Gen 4. Without regard to whether the boolit is cast or jacketed, does the Glock 21 Gen 4 factory barrel deform or have a tendency to deform 45 ACP brass (i.e. cause a Glock Smile) or otherwise weaken the brass because of lack of case support provided by the factory barrel chamber.

I use a G22 and G30 both with LW barrels. I use only range pick-up brass and see a Glock Smile on maybe 1% of the 40 SW brass I collect and it goes in the trash. I check all 40 SW brass after it's resized and cleaned with a chamber gauge and maybe 5% needs to be run thru the bulge buster for a plunk fit.

I have buckets of sized and cleaned 45 ACP brass and have never seen a Glock Smile or any obvious deformation on any of it. Maybe I wrong but a lot of it is bound to have been fired thru Glock factory barrels.

I'n not worried about shooting cast in a Glock 21 Gen 4 factory barrel but I am worried about what an other than fully supported chamber might be doing to the brass.

Thanks for the input.

BK7saum
09-23-2016, 10:28 PM
Due to the lower pressures of the 45 acp, you should not see any smilies on Acp cases. Unless your running way over pressure.

Walks
09-23-2016, 10:48 PM
I've been shooting a 21 for 20+ years. Never seen the GLOCK SMILE on a .45acp case. I use the same brass in COLT Gov't & Gold Cup, S&W & RUGER Conv. I have seen the GLOCK SMILE on every piece of .40S&W I've ever shot. Use a LONE WOLF bbl for 9mm,.40S&W & .45ACP. Still bulge bust all .40S&W brass.