PDA

View Full Version : Rossi 92 now shoots swc

30hrrtt
09-22-2016, 11:05 PM
My Rossi 92 357 would not cycle semi wad cutters from the time I got it. It would do jacketed like the xtp's and if I cycled it hard and fast enough, it would cycle the NOE 180 WFN but no swc's. I had an extraction issue so I totally stripped and cleaned the gun and put in a less powerful ejector spring. I put it back together and the extractor issue disappeared. I tried some NOE 158 gc swc tonight and they cycled smooth. I then tried the Lyman version of their hollow point and their 477 with the slightly rounded nose edge. All cycled smoothly. I have no idea what I did to fix anything but it now works and cycles smoothly. I might actually get to like this gun after all.

shoot-n-lead
09-22-2016, 11:11 PM
Just shoot that gun, it will continue to slick up for a while and you will like it better. I liked my from Day 1...I knew that it would get better and it has not disappointed. Matter of fact, I put a good many rounds through it yesterday...and it is sweet.
Mine cycles swc's fine...I just don't shoot them anymore...I have gone to WFN's as they seem to perform better for hunting and cycle like RN's through the Rossi, to boot.. I don't even shoot them in the revolvers, anymore. Matter of fact, I sold my last swc mold, last week...to beagle333.

Tackleberry41
09-23-2016, 05:12 PM
My 92 in 45 colt the issue was simply the sharp edge and general roughness of the ejector. You could feel and see the front edge of the ejector hang up on a case. I beveled that edge a little, smooth everything else out, and it does not seem to care what I feed it, from a 200gr XTP to a 300gr lee FN.

Just had it apart today, finally got around to making the front sling loop fit the tube, figured its apart, Ill make a metal follower. Ended up w brass as thats what I had.