PDA

View Full Version : USGI 30 M1 Carbine (Addiction)

SWANEEDB
09-22-2016, 12:20 PM
It all started just needing / wanting one to play with, but after the first one we thought about the 2nd one, now would like to have all 10, know it will never happen though, cost has gone sky high. Here are 4 of what we have, all fun shooters. Top to bottom.
Winchester---all Winchester except barrel, is a 5.7mmj (Spitfire)
National Postal Meter---Bavarian import, pretty much all proper.
IBM---Is all proper parts, came home from WWll by the soldier who it was issued too, got that info from the family, sat in the basement with other firearms for over 60 years, maybe more.
Inland---Mix of parts, not unusual at all, have no history on this one but is a shooter.
Hope to find/buy stock magazine stock 177204pouches and an org era sling for the IBM, just because.

Ithaca Gunner
09-22-2016, 12:52 PM
The late band on the fore stock may be the reason the Inland shoots so well. Seems with each generation of band, the accuracy improved a little. I've loved them for a long time myself, but only one at a time. Several inlands and currently an Underwood, the Underwood is staying.

Hardcast416taylor
09-22-2016, 03:17 PM
My half brother had a carbine in his M-3 `Stuart` light tank in WW 2 that was made by Saginaw Steering Gear Co. He always thought of it as a little piece of home.Robert

mtnman31
09-23-2016, 05:25 PM
Very nice collection. You need to go the Nationals at Camp Perry and shoot the Carbine match. Nothing like being on the line with hundreds of others all shooting the Carbine at the same time.
Have you made any progress playing with the 5.7MMJ?

SWANEEDB
09-23-2016, 09:07 PM
Very nice collection. You need to go the Nationals at Camp Perry and shoot the Carbine match. Nothing like being on the line with hundreds of others all shooting the Carbine at the same time.
Have you made any progress playing with the 5.7MMJ?

YES !!!, It is a real fun cartridge, good grouping at 100 yds with 40/45 gr Hornet bullets, reforming is a piece of cake, no annealing, have not split a case yet but have lost a few in the grass/weeds.
I spent 6mos in Montana early 80's when St Helens blew it's top--Kalispell--. Hunted and fished the whole time.