PDA

View Full Version : new 1911 (sorta)

Lloyd Smale
06-04-2008, 05:35 AM
Picked up a para carry. its a stainless slide alloy grip frame 3 inch gun with a lda trigger. Ive wanted to try an lda for a long time and never got around to it. Figured this would be the alitmate carry gun if it runs well. With the lda trigger a guy could carry it with a loaded round in the chamber and not even need to use the saftey. Just pull it out and shoot. I shot a few rounds of cast out the door last night and it seems to have a slight problem with allways going into battery. I think some deaper seating might cure it as it must have a slightly short chamber. I sure like that lda trigger so far though.

Ricochet
06-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Had to Google the LDA trigger. Interesting. I don't know; I'm an old cocked and locked guy. Been trying to get used to a DA first shot with a Taurus PT-92, though.

chickenstripe
06-04-2008, 11:27 AM
I had a Para P12-45, had to sell it for parts after the alloy frame cracked at the slide release/barrel link pin hole. This was a pre-lifetime warranty firearm. My alloy frame had other issues also, like the grip screw threads stripping, and accelerated wear. Also, unrelated, the dreaded recoil spring plunger "launching down range"....
Called the factory, they reponded with, "we can replace the frame, and test fire it for you for $300.00".
Shipped to them on my dime of course.... :(

I only paid $450.00 for it when I purchased it new.

Under 3K rounds, and this was before I reloaded, so it was all factory ammo, luckily I saved the brass. :-D

I try to avoid para's, hope you have great luck with yours. It was extremely accurate, and a great carry gun, 12+1 capacity didn't hurt, I just could't stake my life on its reliability. It's one of the only firearms I've parted with that I don't wish I had back.

chickenstripe

Lloyd Smale
06-04-2008, 03:58 PM
well you werent to far off. I took it out today and shot about 200 rounds through it and never go through a clip without some kind of a malfunction. Ive got to many problems in my life right now to fart with a unreliable gun. It probably could be fixed easily but i just dont have the patients for it right now so it went back to my buddys gunshop. I do like the idea of the lda trigger and wish it would have worked though.

yondering
06-04-2008, 05:43 PM
I haven't owned one of the LDA guns but have read a lot of other reports of reliability problems with them. If it were mine, I'd sell it and get a more traditional 1911.