PDA

View Full Version : Miculek and the M-1

roysha
09-20-2016, 03:48 PM
I watched a video a couple of days ago, it's been around for a long time I'm sure, of Miculek shooting the M-1 in his inimitable style. As usual, unbelievable. My question for you folks is this: the video was also shown in extreme slow motion and the thing I noticed most was the virtual total lack of muzzle rise in the less then 3 seconds it took to fire the 8 rounds. I have seen guns with muzzle brakes flip the muzzle up more. How in the devil is that accomplished? It wasn't like he was pulling the muzzle down after each shot. It never went up in the first place. I realize that M-1s don't have a lot of muzzle climb to start with but I've always experienced a little and at a nominal cyclic rate of 160 rpms it sure seems to me there would be some walking off the top of the target.

Once again, I am TOTALLY in awe of that mans abilities.

M-Tecs
09-20-2016, 04:03 PM
This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNtBe6zUytI

NoAngel
09-20-2016, 04:29 PM
I have followed Jerry for a long time.
If I had his ability, I would tattoo a number on my right index finger and try to register it as an auto sear on a Form 1.

roysha
09-20-2016, 05:15 PM
This one. M1 Garand in High Speed (Slow-mo) Rapid fire + Clip "ping" with Jerry Miculek

I'm not sure how to post the link but if you do a search on youtube you will get this.

HarryT
09-20-2016, 06:15 PM
Did you notice Jerry has a band-aid on a finger after the shooting range? I wonder if the M1 got him.

M-Tecs
09-20-2016, 07:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KydwknyfUrg

Traffer
09-20-2016, 07:10 PM
When I grow up I want to be Jerry Miculek

GhostHawk
09-20-2016, 09:00 PM
Rock hard muscles, perfect stance and hold and amazing skills.

He is indeed "da MAN" when it comes to shooting fast.

Earlwb
10-06-2016, 09:43 PM
He is a awesome person. But remember he practices a lot and then some more. His motto is to be the first at the range and the last to leave. of course that means he will shoot a lot of ammo doing it too. But ammo costs money, so you can bet he is subsidized by the different ammo companies and gun companies. So for someone to get as good as he is, they need sponsors or they need to be millionaires.

lefty o
10-06-2016, 11:34 PM
M1's dont suffer from much muzzle rise. regardless if oyu want to shoot like miculek, best start running 100,000+ rnds a year. no one gets that good only shooting on sundays.

Hickok
10-07-2016, 08:41 AM
Notice in the first video, and his first try, the M1 stovepiped on round 6.

Not degrading the M1, just saying. I have shot a lot of rounds through the M1 and it is a great rifle. Now I am into the M1A, and really love it.