PDA

View Full Version : Brent Danielson's Paper Patching Website

The Double D
06-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Brent Danielson, for a long time had a webpage on paper patching. I have referred many a person to it for information on paper patching. It was also linked on the Martini Henry Resource page on Jason's www.martinihenry.com.

For some unknown reason, U.S. magazine writers and U.S. championship blackpowder shooters have felt it necessary to criticize Brent's work, because they don't feel he has the credentials to write such material. He is not a championship shooter. He isn't a regular contributor to any periodical. He is an experienced shooter who is willing to share his knowledge with those of use who wish to learn. In the face of criticism from these "esteemed" shooters Brent has pulled his website down.

I have written Brent and suggested his work is important to more people shooting blackpowder cartridges world wide than the Sharps/HighWall/Ballard BPCR Silhouette shooters. Shooters world wide depended on Brent's webpage for guidance. Those Championship shooters and magazine experts didn't use Brent's website...us common folks, worldwide do!

Here is you chance to get the word to Brent, bring the website back. Get the word out about this poll, get people over here to vote.

dromia
06-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Yes it is a sad loss, I'd spotted it had gone in January when I tried to link a poster here to it. At that time it was still cached in google but I just tried the link and thats gone too. :(

I have the article saved in Word, If you are in contavy with Brent then perhaps he would let us post it here or on Cast Pics.

By the sounds of it Douglas there seems to be some invidious snobbery around the hobby over there.

Baron von Trollwhack
06-03-2008, 06:05 PM
Perhaps it would be appropriate to arrange to locate the information HERE, as an "especiale supremo sticky" ? We obviously get quite a few people in this topic area who lack a basic base of data. BvT

runfiverun
06-04-2008, 12:19 AM
me being one of them

45 2.1
06-04-2008, 06:40 AM
Brent had a very good article. It belongs in the black powder section though and is somewhat caliber specific now. By all means, try to get it back up.

Southern Son
06-04-2008, 08:26 AM
Dromia, some of the nicest people you will ever meet shoot BPCR, unfortunately, some of the biggest butt heads also shoot it. I don't mind the older crowd who have been shooting BPCR for a while giving their opinions, but unfortunately, some of them don't just want to put forward their opinion, they want to insult anyone who don't aggree with them (this also goes for some of the young hotshots). This is the only site I am a member of now, I was a member of another site, but the BPCR section got closed down after a new poster asked about a smokeless load for an old 45/100 or some old BP caliber and a number of the members attacked the newbie. Some of the postings were mean and uncalled for. I have not gone back to that site since then.

eka
06-04-2008, 09:07 AM
I liked Brent's site. And ... if posting shooting info. on the Internet entails having some credentials, being a championship shooter, or writing for a periodical, I guess somebody should delete the non-sense I post here from time to time. That's not to say that I've ever posted anything as well done as Brent's site. Get him to come on over here. Us regular Joes would love to hear his thoughts and ideas.

Keith

duke76
06-04-2008, 09:45 AM
Well, I posted a link so he knows we are talking about him and would like him to come over here
http://www.bpcr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2239

Todd

bandit7.5
06-04-2008, 07:37 PM
I am just starting out on this paper patch idea and would very much appreciate any information on the subject by someone that will not talk down to the less experianced shooter.
Dan

Kenny Wasserburger
06-04-2008, 08:42 PM
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~codi/PPB/xPPBx.xhtmlx

Try this link Brent's paper is there.

Its a good read for the novice and new paper patch shooter good info.

The lunger

Kenny Wasserburger

docone31
06-04-2008, 10:00 PM
You know, I read that paper years ago. It got me excited about paper patching again.
I have just now done some patching. I do not use flour, or egg white. Just water. Works pretty well.
I liked the part about reading the patch. I have yet to find a piece, but when I do, I am going to read it.

John Boy
06-05-2008, 12:11 AM
If there is a poster here that has a their own website or a blog .... send me an email. I saved Brent's webpage (including the pictures) in Microsoft Word and a MHT file. I'll send you an email with the website as an attachment

It could then be posted here as an http:// link to your website or blog and with the administrator's assistance as a STICKY

I could post it now as text only but not the jpg's that were on his site ... which are important

I tried to use the forum's attachment capability but the file exceeds the attachment size limits

ktw
06-05-2008, 01:28 AM
He does not appear to have taken it down due to a lack of having a place to host it. He appears to have taken it down because of the criticism and the grief that caused him.

I also found it valuable and have a saved copy, but you might want to ask his opinion before appropriating and publishing his work. Forcing the issue is likely to make other people think twice about putting useful things up on the web in the future.

-ktw

dromia
06-05-2008, 01:36 AM
Ditto ktw.

As i said previously I have a copy and could post it here as a sticky but won't do so without Brent's permission hence my request to DD to ask him.

BrentD
06-05-2008, 08:34 AM
While I appreciate the support, I took the website down for a reason. I would not like to see it reposted. The single biggest reason for taking it down is Kenny Wasserburger (he of many many championships that he loves to tell everyone about over and over).

So, perhaps Kenny will tell you how to make, load and shoot ADVANCED paper patched bullets just like he does. I am also sure he will be happy to tell you exactly how well he has done with them.:roll:

I continue to consider putting up a revised version. I started a major revision of the old pages, but after Kenny, DanT, and Mike Venturino told me to go stand in a corner and shut-up, I gave it up as it was full of bugs anyway (I'm not a webpage expert either :(). I am tired of listening to the critics.

However, if you email me, I will be happy to help anyone that is interested, but remember, these are just beginner bullets, 'cause I'm not an "expert"... ;)

Brent

The Double D
06-05-2008, 09:00 AM
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~codi/PPB/xPPBx.xhtmlx

Try this link Brent's paper is there.

Its a good read for the novice and new paper patch shooter good info.

The lunger

Kenny Wasserburger

So Kenny when will you put up the advanced paper patching website and share your Championship techniques?

Kenny Wasserburger
06-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Brent,

I ment to say new and experienced PP shooter.

Missed a word.

Was making a complement to your work-efforts. Honestly.

Oh well.

Looking forward to seeing you at Raton.

The Lunger

SharpsShooter
06-06-2008, 10:10 PM
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r255/SharpsShooter_photos/PPwebsite.jpg

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Way To Go Brent. That's right funny I believe.

SS

Buckshot
06-06-2008, 11:52 PM
.................Brent, I used your page years ago along with Paul Matthews' book "The Paper Jacket" to get started paper patching when I aquired a MkIV 577-450 Martini. In the intervening years I've managed to paper patch for two 45-70's, a 45-90, two 577-450's, a 7.62x54R, a Whitworth and Rigby LR match rifles, and most recently a Uberti Hi-Wall 38-55. Over the years I have seen countless referrels to your webpage.

In all humility I am going to suggest you let a couple people (who are really just like you, me and everyone else, regardless what THEY think) who apparently hold themselves above others, convince you your website was without value. It seems they won, eh?

Yet on the other hand there has been myself and so far as I know, countless others who have benefited from your page. Yourself, myself and those others who might have been refered there are the resulting loosers now.

I do not know KW except from occassional visits to the BPCR forum on the old Shooters.com board, and here. Everyone has opinions and they're welcome to them. I don't personaly know, nor have I met Mr Venturino. However I have read his stuff since he's been in print. Mike Venturino is nothing any more special then anyone else. Many of his early articles were full of silly simple mistakes, and the fact he put them in print was refreshing. Apparently he has let his perceptions of his own greatness go to his head if he thought he'd found some way to badmouth your webpage.

I suggest you put it back up, and put the 'Whiners' on your ignore list instead. Let the rest of us use it.

................Buckshot

Buckshot
06-06-2008, 11:55 PM
So Kenny when will you put up the advanced paper patching website and share your Championship techniques?

............I'd be interested too. Need to find out what I've been doing wrong all these years.

..............Buckshot

dromia
06-07-2008, 03:36 AM
How sad this all is.

I don't know anything about Messers Wasserburger, DanT and Venturino other than Mr Wasserburger is a member here along with five and a half thousand others and Mr Venturino is a gun rag hack.

I also don't know what they've done to help people make and shoot paper patch boolits.

What I do know is what Brent Danielson did to help people make and shoot paper patch boolits. He took some of his life to write up what he'd learnt about the subject and make it available free of charge to other interested people via the World Wide Web. As far as I know that the others haven't been so altruistc.

So Brent your actions on this subject have far more merit in helping this pastime than the other three. Actions speak louder than words

In the www we all have to assess what value anything we read has. Some things suit some people some things suit others. It seems to me from the little I know from this thread that you allow the three gentlemen's value judgement on your web pages to have more weight than the value that hundred's if not thousands of others who visited your web pages do.

Brent why give those three such power over you?

They have quiet rightly their own view of the world, maybe Mr Wasserburger needs to be a top shot competitive shooter and sharing his hard earned knowledge and skill would jeopardise this. Mr Venturino wants to make his living as a gun writer, maybe free access to knowledge jeopardises his book and article sales. Both reasonable motivations. No one knows what their needs and motivations are, but what ever they are, they are theirs not yours Brent.

Be true to yourself Brent and do that which meets your motivation and needs not someone else's.

We are all judged on our actions. From your actions in putting up the article on the web your motivation seemed to be to share. That action was appreciated by others.

The action of taking down seems to have been motivated by the words of three other people.

This wonderful pastime of ours is supposed to be fun, it meets many needs in all of us but the future of the world isn't dependant on it.

We should all have a less than serious view on all this and when it gets a bit tense and emotions run high we should take a step back and get in into perspective.

So please Brent think of the people whose enjoyment of their pastime and themselves has been enriched by your actions and don't let that be spoiled and yourself upset by your response to the actions of three other shooters.

But then I'm not a top class caster, handloader writer or shooter. I have also never claimed to be good at anything so what would I know and why should you listen to me?

:roll:

waksupi
06-07-2008, 10:15 AM
It is peculiar with some of the "experts". They seem ready to tell of thier successes in a victory against very limited numbers. Yet, when they come in near last place in a large engagement, no drum beating accompanies thier approach.

I'd like to see the info available.

docone31
06-07-2008, 10:42 PM
I dunno. Some of those experts gave me some good reading. I do not know if I learned a great deal from it, but, when the family was asleep I got to live in the sport of shooting.
Brent. I found his site years ago. I had read THE PAPER JACKET. I got my copy from Dixie Gun Works. I read it, and read it. I made paper cartridges for my 1853 Sharps repro, my 1861 Remington. I had a ball. Definately found out why people went to metallic cartridges.
Years later, I stumbled onto Brent's tutorial. It was great! I understood very little, but, I loved it.
It actually wasn't untill I found this site that I actually wrapped my first paper patched bullet. In 20 minutes from start to finish with no previous experience, I wrapped 50 bullets. I will be daggoned if they did not come out useable!
Brent has certainly done a serious job on his site. I go back to it from time to time. After wrapping my own, I get more out of reading his work. He did a great job, but, this site got me wrapping. I mean start to finish. People reccomended the sizing die, paper, tools, technique.
Badabing Badaboom! 50 shootable bullets.
Kudos to us.
A link to his site on here would definately be an asset also.

alamogunr
06-07-2008, 11:27 PM
Somewhere in my files, I have a print out of Mr. Danielson's web page on paper patching. I'm sure there are many like me who have never tried it and may never try it but the information should be available if needed. I especially liked the picture of him with an elk killed with, I assume, a paper patched boolet.

Regarding those who objected to his web page, I read all of Mr. Venturino's articles in the slick mags (I get them from a friend who has a friend who works for the printer). He hardly ever uses anything but linotype for his smokeless bullets(our boolets) and probably commercially obtained lead/tin alloys for BP. Since I'm not a writer, I could not afford that. Also most of us are not able to shoot long range BPCR like he and Mr. Wasserberger. If I tried, the bullet would pass through three houses and a barn before it reached the target. Such are the penalties of living east of the Mississippi River.

Nazgul
06-08-2008, 08:06 AM
These "experts" really do like to let us small people know how good they are. I have noticed it in MV's writing. Try counting the I,Me, Mine words in one of his articles.

Sorry if this is non productive, it irritates me some. Keep patching Brent.

Don

kjg
06-08-2008, 08:42 AM
Brent, PLEEEEEEEEEEAse sir, let us at cast boolits host the paper, my buddies here have tried and tried, to help me with paper patching and I just cannot get it right, and I need help no REAL HELP (grin), i've for years had folks say crap about me and ya know what, lawenforcement teaches ya one thing words only hurt if you let it.kjg

Morgan Astorbilt
06-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Brent, I think Buckshot speaks for the overwhelming majority of us.
I'm not new to shooting, but am to this board, and I make it a point to explain and illustrate(maybe overdo it), my techniques for machining pertaining to firearms, and my experiences forming and loading ammunition for obsolete cartridges. A lot of it may be "old hat" to the regulars, but new shooters are in need of info. Why let those guys win?
Morgan

SharpsShooter
06-08-2008, 12:51 PM
Another vote for hosting your paper here at Cast Boolits. It would be a shame to preclude both current and future shooters a good source of information on a subject that is scarcely written about in the first place. Many experienced shooters are turning back to the paper patch as a “new” method to further their shooting knowledge and add to the nostalgia and fun of BPCR. My first attempts were guided by instructions written on the envelope that contained the patches cut by PowderBurner along with the boolits he freely gave to get me started. That’s the spirit of this board as we help one another along………BTW Thanks Dean.

Brent, I hope you will consider this for a home for your hard earned knowledge.

SS

ktw
06-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Not to take anything away from Brent Danielson's paper, I too found it very worthwhile, but there's nothing stopping any one of us from putting up a tutorial on our own.

It would not even have to be an individual effort. A lot of the content is scattered around here already. All it would take is someone willing to collect it up, organize it and revise it periodically based on contributions by others...

-ktw

06-09-2008, 01:05 PM
I don't know any of the individuals who have been presented as "experts" in the art of loading or shooting PP. I got most of my info when first starting on PP loading from Matthews. I did read BD's paper when it first came out on the iastate.edu site. Even made a copy. I liked the background info used re: original Sharps cartridges. Anything on the internet has to be taken with a brain that works and capable of some filtering. I thought and still do that BD's paper was/is useful. The more info out there the better. Still takes one's own logic and reasoning to make things work. So yes BD's paper should be available to the public.

The only part of the paper that got me head-scratching and still does is the part about "reading the patch". He spent quite a bit of time and effort on that and even presented examples from others about what a patch is and isn't supposed to look like after firing. The only thing I know is a tight weave cotton patch is supposed to come out whole when shot from a muzzleloader shooting roundball. The superiority of a paper patch coming out whole from of a fired BPCR paper patch round is beyond my experience???

BrentD
06-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Guys, I really appreciate the support and the number of emails asking for help with paper patching is rising like the river in my backyard (and that is not trivial!).

So, I'll put a up revised version. It will take a while. Probably most of the summer, but I'll up it back up. I have most of it already revised but it's buggy as hell and I can't do website construction for beans.

But beware, these are only "beginner" bullets. They don't come with training wheels but they probably shoot. And don't forget I'm not an nonexpert. Anyone doubting that didn't see me shoot this weekend. :(

Thanks again for the support.
Brent

duke76
06-09-2008, 06:24 PM
Thanks Brent, glad to hear it. Todd

docone31
06-09-2008, 06:28 PM
Jeepers Brent. An honour.
Your site made a difference to me. A good start to an ultimate end.
Thanks.

SharpsShooter
06-10-2008, 10:22 AM
I'll be looking forward to reading it Brent. Let us know when it is ready.

Thanks

SS

Don McDowell
06-10-2008, 11:29 AM
How sad this all is.

I don't know anything about Messers Wasserburger, DanT and Venturino other than Mr Wasserburger is a member here along with five and a half thousand others and Mr Venturino is a gun rag hack.
:

It is a shame Danielson pulled his web page , as many have stated it was good info readily avialable.

Just to help fill you in dromia,
Wasserburger has 9 or 10 national championships, and some notable accomplishments in world competition. He's never been shy about anwering folks questions in person, and has many many threads on Shiloh, full of his technique and results availabe for anyone with gumption enough to go look up,and there again he hasn't failed to answer anybodies serious questions.
Dan T is another shooter of National and World acclaim, plus along with his own shooting talents, he has desigined a goodly number of bullets folks that spend a goodly amount of time in the winners circles nowdays use. He has also done quite a bit of chamber design work that is prooving itself in championships won. Besides his shooting and designing ability, he has quite a number of tutorials posted at bpcr. net,plus a number of threads about various things on the Shiloh forum.
Venturino has spent an awful lot of time writing articles, and publishing books on shooting the old obsolete stuff, and all the while getting soundly trashed for alot of his work, but he has yet to quit writing for gun rags or pulled his books off the market.

dromia
06-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the background Don, much appreciated.

9.3X62AL
06-10-2008, 01:50 PM
I'm not sure what has caused the recent spate of sniping and flaming in a couple threads here, but I for one think it needs to end. Brent D's experience is EXACTLY why I say this--an experimenter or hobbyist discovers or re-discovers a process/method to enhance shooting success, takes it public in some fashion, then gets crucified for doing so. Quite a disincentive, I'd say, and such treatment will cause MANY others to stay low and keep dark rather than share experience and add to discussions. There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism done respectfully--that is how refinement occurs. But HAVE SOME CLASS, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

leftiye
06-11-2008, 05:29 AM
Maybe a sticky?

Finn45
06-11-2008, 06:54 AM
Another yes for bringing it back online thank you.

Bigjohn
06-13-2008, 08:35 PM
How sad this all is.

I also don't know what they've done to help people make and shoot paper patch boolits.

What I do know is what Brent Danielson did to help people make and shoot paper patch boolits. He took some of his life to write up what he'd learnt about the subject and make it available free of charge to other interested people via the World Wide Web. As far as I know that the others haven't been so altruistc.

So Brent your actions on this subject have far more merit in helping this pastime than the other three. Actions speak louder than words

In the www we all have to assess what value anything we read has. Some things suit some people some things suit others. It seems to me from the little I know from this thread that you allow the three gentlemen's value judgement on your web pages to have more weight than the value that hundred's if not thousands of others who visited your web pages do.

Brent why give those three such power over you?

They have quiet rightly their own view of the world, maybe Mr Wasserburger needs to be a top shot competitive shooter and sharing his hard earned knowledge and skill would jeopardise this. Mr Venturino wants to make his living as a gun writer, maybe free access to knowledge jeopardises his book and article sales. Both reasonable motivations. No one knows what their needs and motivations are, but what ever they are, they are theirs not yours Brent.

Be true to yourself Brent and do that which meets your motivation and needs not someone else's.

We are all judged on our actions. From your actions in putting up the article on the web your motivation seemed to be to share. That action was appreciated by others.

The action of taking down seems to have been motivated by the words of three other people.

This wonderful pastime of ours is supposed to be fun, it meets many needs in all of us but the future of the world isn't dependant on it.

We should all have a less than serious view on all this and when it gets a bit tense and emotions run high we should take a step back and get in into perspective.

So please Brent think of the people whose enjoyment of their pastime and themselves has been enriched by your actions and don't let that be spoiled and yourself upset by your response to the actions of three other shooters.

But then I'm not a top class caster, handloader writer or shooter. I have also never claimed to be good at anything so what would I know and why should you listen to me?

:roll:

Brent;
Some years ago, I did a 'search' for articles on paper patched projectiles so I could increase the knowledge I already had on the subject. Your site was the one which came in at the top of the list.
I read the information it contained with great interest and went as far as printing a copy for future reference purposes.
I also contacted your via email asking further questions on the subject and received many answers.

I belatedly 'Thank You' for your assistance at that time and for everytime I have read your works since then. This is more help than I would have been likely to receive from some of those persons mentions in Dromia's posting, who by the way, did not even register in my search.

I found and still find your articles easy to read and comprehend without the great technical foofar which some people hide behind.

I hope that your material does resurface on the net as a service to those shooters, like me who need the information they can use to get them started out.

To those people who took it upon themselves to tear Brent down, all I can say is sit back for a moment and have a damn good long look at yourselves.

YOU to, may have something to contribute to the sport, but rubbishing someone else's work for whatever reason is destructive to our sport. Help rather than hinder is the way to go.

In closing; Brent, chin up mate, and thank you again for your help,

John.

wills
06-13-2008, 09:22 PM
I of course am stupider than other people and so I am looking at Mr. Danielson’s website in another window right now.

dromia
06-14-2008, 03:20 AM
Would you post the link Wills.

wills
06-14-2008, 01:15 PM
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~jessie/PPB/PPB.htm

Lets add annother response to the poll: "It isnt gone"

dromia
06-14-2008, 03:14 PM
Huzzah!

That looks like a revamped page.

Many thanks Wills I'll put it as a sticky. :-D

longbow
06-14-2008, 07:21 PM
I searched all over and just found dead links not long ago. Then then I read wills post, opened Ixquick (I don't Google) typed in Brent Danielson and surfed a bit. Found lots of dead links but also found one live one.

Good news! Wouldn't have found it if I hadn't read wills post - thanks wills.

Longbow

Bigjohn
06-15-2008, 01:47 AM
Troughout my years on this planet, I have incessantly continued a search for information on many subjects near and dear to me. One of those subjects is the shooting sports.

This continuous researching his turned up one glaring deficiency; the lack of technical information left in printed form by those who actually did the things we wish to emulate.

This leaves a void which must be filled by renewed experimentation, using new & improved equipment and products.

The Buffalo Hunter may not have had the time and equipment to experiment and record his observations; while the target shooter wrote his notes in a general way as most of the other competitors were using simular methods and equipment. As a result of this many of the techniques and formula's have disappeared into the mists of time along with those who used them.

Just as in the past; there would have been multiple methods and techniques for preparing and shooting firearms as there are today.
And just as in the past; not all of these methods and techniques will work in all firearms elderly or newly made, as it is with modern firearms.

So, a person who has done the "Hard Yards" so to speak of experimentation has as much RIGHT to offer that information to any person who wishes to use it; or they can keep it to themselves and say nothing (it would be our loss).

A person who disagrees with what is published has just as much right to state in these forums, why. To attack the person as it has been alledged, is not right and if this is the method which has been used to do so; is the attacker prepared to have their information attacked in the same way?

Most times to my knowledge; an attack on the person rather than what they have said means the attacker has NO VALID ARGUMENT against the information.

For what it is worth; everybody (in relation to this thread) be they a Champion Shooter, Top Experimenter & Designer or Magazine Article Writer, had to start somewhere; they weren't just born that way. They have had to learn to crawl, then walk and run just like you and me. Unless there is a thread in the chain of evolution I don't know about.
So what was their early works like?

Nuh' said; rant off,

John

leftiye
06-15-2008, 01:08 PM
Big john,
Though I myself am probably seen by some as one of those attackers - I really appreciate your comments on the subject of personal attacks. I totally agree that when a person attacks a person with insults, name calling etc, it correctly signals that they've run out of intelligent argument. Though it doesn't signal that they ever had any of same!

A vigorous attack on the validity of the person's idea or process should not be seen in this light though. And though the argument against someone's ideas is not in itself offering new information maybe, the debunking of a fallacious idea is in itself necessary, and not without benefit.

leftiye
06-27-2008, 08:57 PM
Why does this above post keep coming up as being current?

ktw
06-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Because people continue to cast a vote in the poll. That is enough to make the thread current again.

-ktw

Black Prince
06-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Fellas, I have no intention of starting a flame war and this will be my only post on this subject, but this thread started on a false premise, and it continues on it. My only intention is to let you know that.

For some unknown reason, U.S. magazine writers and U.S. championship black powder shooters have felt it necessary to criticize Brent's work, because they don't feel he has the credentials to write such material. He is not a championship shooter. He isn't a regular contributor to any periodical. He is an experienced shooter who is willing to share his knowledge with those of use who wish to learn. In the face of criticism from these "esteemed" shooters Brent has pulled his website down

That IS NOT why Brent receives such little respect from all of those people who have written the magazine articles and books on shooting BPCR rifles, those who conduct regional and national BPCR shooting contest, those who make BPCR rifles, those who design and make custom BPCR bullet moulds, those who make BPCR bullet lubes, and by regionally and nationally ranked BPCR shooters.

When the Black Prince goes to BPCR shooting matches and tells the match directors that they are doing it all wrong, when I tell gun writers they are wrong and I know more than they do, when I tell bullet designers and mould makers they are wrong and I have a better bullet design than they do, when I tell gun makers that they need to improve their rifles by incorporating my design changes, when I tell lube makers that my lube is better than theirs and they didn’t know what they are doing, when I make fun of and put down regionally and nationally ranked BPCR shooters, they don't have any respect for me. They are just jealous because I know more than they do.

alamogunr
06-30-2008, 08:30 AM
Since this thread seems to have taken on a life of it's own, I have one more question. This thread started with references to comments made by three "influential" BP shooters. Where did they make these comments? Did they contact Mr. Danielson directly or post them on another forum, etc?
I would really like to see what started all this.
John
W.TN

dromia
06-30-2008, 05:15 PM
OK gentlemen, can we let sleeping dogs lie here please.

This thread was about Mr Danielson reinstating his PP web site which people found useful.

This has now happened and this tread has served its purpose.

Further picking over the why's and wherefore's isn't going to make any difference now.

So in the interests of everyone let things rest here.

Buckshot
07-08-2008, 02:10 AM
.............In case anyone wonders, I closed the poll. It's served it's purpose and now it's time to say goodnight :-)

...............Buckshot

zampilot
07-24-2008, 06:44 PM
For those of us who recently started BPCR for instance, the article is well written and helpful should I ever venture into paper patching, I'll know where to start. Thanks Dromia!