PDA

View Full Version : First batch!

bradley.moss72
09-18-2016, 07:40 PM
I finally got everything ready and lined up all of my moulds. I cast a set from each mould to get a representative from each one.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160918/9402be82cd559274a8ea7b72328724fb.jpg

I know some are kinda ugly. I didn't set up my hotplate to heat up each mould, I just sat each one on top of the pot in turn so some had a little more heat up time than others.

I'm just happy to finally make bullets!

BW

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OS OK
09-18-2016, 07:49 PM
Well, 'how bout you Magoo!' Dang nice work and it didn't hurt a bit huh?

Now you have no more excuses for not casting...but, you do inherit some responsibilities you didn't have before...now you have to become a 'Scrounger of Lead' like the rest of us old farts.

Bookworm
09-19-2016, 06:54 PM
9 molds already, and you just started casting ? I'm told those things tend to multiply on you.
I had 1 to start, when I looked again on the shelf there were 7. I'm almost afraid to look now, and I've only been casting for a matter of months.

I started reloading in the late 80's, just recently got into casting. It's a hobby within a hobby. I'm having a blast. Literally.

OS OK
09-19-2016, 08:49 PM
Too bad that we all don't live near enough to file all our molds into one location like a Library...then we could just go check anything we wanted out and cast for a week.

Yodogsandman
09-20-2016, 05:27 PM
Wow! That's more molds than I had for my first 30 years of casting. They do multiply, though and have since.

bradley.moss72
09-21-2016, 01:03 AM
I've been gathering stuff over the past 2 years or more. I just keep my eyes open for used mould deals. I'm kinda partial to Lee for their price.

I figured that I was below average on the number of moulds compared to most here! In a way I guess that you could argue that I am not "new" to casting as I've been gathering and studying it for quite a while. Maybe I'd describe it as getting a 2 year "head start" on equipment before casting!

BW

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk