PDA

View Full Version : Alien Gear holster ?

Boaz
09-18-2016, 02:44 PM
Thinking about getting an Alien Gear 3.0 inside the waistband holster . Would be carrying a mid to compact size auto . Pocket carrying a Ruger LCP presently but may want to up size to a CZ 82 , 9x18 (9mm) . Wondered if anyone has experience with one . I like the option of changing the sheath on the Alien Gear holsters to accommodate different guns and not having to have holsters for each you may want to carry . Any opinions ?

dragon813gt
09-18-2016, 03:06 PM
I have both the IWB and OWB versions. They are high quality. The retention is good. You can adjust it to your liking. The Cloak Tuck is very hot in the summer months. I find the Crossbreed Supertuck to be a lot more comfortable when the temp is high. But it doesn't have the versatility of swappable shells.

Swapping the shells out is quick and easy. Getting the pistol positioned exactly where you want it took me some time. I don't swap out the shell on the Cloak Tuck. I only do that w/ the OWB.

Like any holster it may or may not work for you. If I bought and sold guns all the time the shell exchange program would be very attractive. Since I don't the swappable shell part lost it's luster quickly.

Earlwb
09-18-2016, 03:18 PM
I have the Alien holsters for two of my guns and they are quite good. Very comfortable to wear all day too. I also have a White Hat Holster and it is basically the same design and it works well too. I mount the holster so the guns sit lower with the handle down closer to the belt line and it hides my 1911 just fine like that so it isn't obvious I am carrying if I wear a baggy shirt.

Boaz
09-18-2016, 03:26 PM
Being able to adjust the retention is defiantly a plus . Being able to set the cant forward is also a good deal for me , right wrist has been broken/fractured 3 times and has fused itself having little range of motion . Wasn't thinking of exchanging shells , just buying the holster for a CZ 82 and buying extra shells for an LCP and Colt 1903 pocket model . Your recommendation is encouraging ! Thanks !

Kraschenbirn
09-18-2016, 06:07 PM
I've got two of their IWBs...one for my 3" SP101 and another for my LW Commander...and am quite satisfied with both. I'm a bit larger than average...6'1"/195...and, given 15 minutes or so for 'settling in'...I barely notice the weight of the SP101 for the rest of the day.

Bill

Coopaloop86
09-18-2016, 06:13 PM
I'm 6'3" 265 and I carry my glock 26 at 2 o clockish and forget its there with the cloak tuck. Theyre great holsters.

Boaz
09-18-2016, 07:37 PM
DANG! Sounding like I need to get one . Thanks .

wvmedic
09-18-2016, 07:46 PM
I like mine, as mentioned. It does get a bit warm in the summer, I do have to wear an under shirt with it no matter the season. I can't stand the skin contact with any holster. I wear mine on duty with a polo shirt, I just blouse the shirt a little and no one is the wiser.

Jeff

tja6435
09-19-2016, 09:46 AM
I had a IWB with the synthetic/metal backer. I sent it back and exchanged it for leather. Good to go now. I have 3-4 IWB from Alien Gear

nagantguy
09-19-2016, 10:44 AM
I wrote a review here on alien gear holsters, since that time last winter I've bought 3 more, I have no.stock nor connection to the company but first rate holsters, fair prices and great nice customer service, the first one I ordered didn't come with the little bag of screws and plugs to adjust the cant/angle and retension, called them they immediately sent one out with a coupon for some.off my next purchase, for the money in my mind they can not be beat, like them.as well.of better than ones that I have that cost a heap more, one of the new ones I bought was a gift for.someone very dear to me whom carries concealed every day I would not give someone so close.to me an inferior product for.such an important thing

Boaz
09-19-2016, 10:59 AM
Well heck ! Sounds like I need one . Looked at the list of shells to buy and they have the LCP , 1903 colt but no CZ 82 listed . Would bet they have one that would interchange though , pretty extensive selection as to make/model .
I thank you for the comments and recommendations !

Kraschenbirn
09-19-2016, 12:00 PM
Well heck ! Sounds like I need one . Looked at the list of shells to buy and they have the LCP , 1903 colt but no CZ 82 listed . Would bet they have one that would interchange though , pretty extensive selection as to make/model .
I thank you for the comments and recommendations !

Re: your CZ82. When I ordered from Alien Gear for my SP101, they didn't list a shell for the 3" barrel but I called and asked, anyway...received my holster in just about two weeks.

Bill

Earlwb
09-22-2016, 10:33 AM
Here is a couple of pics showing a Alien Gear holster with my Springfield XDS mod .2 .45 ACP pistol and the Top Hat Holster with one of my .45 1911 pistols. A good belt is almost a must for most any holster. So I am using a Hanks thick leather belt. I think the Amish make them.

Thekid
09-22-2016, 11:50 PM
I have one of the IWB holsters... Super comfortable!

VinceG
09-23-2016, 01:05 AM
I have one foe an old .38 detective special. Love it. Forget I'm carrying it.

TheDoctor
09-24-2016, 11:55 PM
If you are looking at alien gear, check out comp-tac

http://www.comp-tac.com/

To each their own, but to me they are superior quality.