PDA

View Full Version : Opportunity to purchase RRB 43 Spanish

huntrick64
09-16-2016, 03:55 PM
I have an opportunity to buy a RRB 43 Spanish from a friend. The outside of the gun looks like 90% of the ones I have seen, but the bore looks excellent. It doesn't say "43 Spanish" on it but casting the chamber shows that is what it is. Everything appears to be intact and the trigger feels great. The cleaning rod is there, but it sticks out about 1/2" past the muzzle.

What is a fair price for these things? I know, condition, condition, condition, but what is a fair range? This guy just said "tell me what's fair and I will make you a great deal."

Any help is appreciated.

Rick

smkummer
09-19-2016, 11:44 AM
That is one of the easier old military calibers to load for. Mold and dies available from lee and brass is also from someone. 43 Egyptian is a challenge. These old rollers are a hoot to shoot a steel 2-500 yards away and wait for the "ding". You have a choice of low pressure smokeless loads or of course black powder for fun. FWIW, I picked up my 43 Egyptian for $200 about 2 years ago and it looked like it road on a camel all its life. The bore was mint though and it shoots wonderful. I believe you screw the cleaning rod in so it doesn't get lost.

John Boy
09-19-2016, 01:13 PM
What is a fair price for these things?
https://www.gunsamerica.com/935339463/REMINGTON-ROLLING-BLOCK-RIFLE.htm
I paid $700 for a MODELO ARGENTINO 1879 E.N..43 Spanish that was documented to be refinished at Remington in 95% Antique