PDA

View Full Version : Hunting season opens tomorrow

white eagle
09-16-2016, 01:46 PM
for whitetail deer here in Wis.runs into Jan.I believe (bow)
now I have 2 new knees to drag pull climb and hunt with
been hunting for 46 years and still as excited as I was the first opening day[smilie=w:
I am really looking forward to Nov.gun hunt as I finally have my revo all dialed in
alloy,boolit,charge man does it get any better besides 11/8/2016

dragon813gt
09-16-2016, 02:11 PM
Early archery starts here as well. To bad I'm siding my house and won't be able to make. Will have to wait until next Saturday to go out. I should probably take the trimmers out to the stand and clear some shooting lanes.

Sur-shot
09-16-2016, 02:43 PM
Nothing like the first cold morning of each year.
Ed

hc18flyer
09-16-2016, 03:54 PM
THANKS for the reminder! I better take the 15' bat-wing mower out and cut some shooting lanes for rifle season, afore I forget! Love this time of year, Flyer

44man
09-16-2016, 04:02 PM
Be careful, Knee replacement might not fit good with kneeling to gut. My friend had both and he can't kneel but works like a horse otherwise.

winelover
09-17-2016, 07:19 AM
Congrats on the recent surgeries.....I too had both knees replaced, 4 months apart, this past year. Could hardly get up in my tree stands, last season. Our Archery Season opens this coming Saturday and runs thru the end February. I doubt, I'll hunt before October.....just too damn hot around here. Upper eighties forecasted for this coming week and only dropping to the high seventies by the weekend. I look forward to gun season, but prefer archery.

Couldn't bend my knees, before my surgeries, without pain. Learned to cope.....now I'll make do, pain free, at worst.

Winelover

runfiverun
09-17-2016, 11:16 AM
our day time highs are in the low 60's barely.
and there is frost on the windows each morning.

I did see two pretty nice [2-3y.o.] bucks yesterday while I was up grouse hunting, could have got them both with one bullet.

JDL
09-20-2016, 09:34 AM
our day time highs are in the low 60's barely.
and there is frost on the windows each morning.

I did see two pretty nice [2-3y.o.] bucks yesterday while I was up grouse hunting, could have got them both with one bullet.

It won't get that cool here until late November. In my best Daffy Duck voice: You're, you're disthpickable.:D

TCLouis
09-21-2016, 01:30 AM
90s forecast here through all of next week.
One reason I quit going out with a bow.
I need to get the Disco out aired up and go to the woods to plug a couple of tree rats.

richhodg66
09-21-2016, 07:23 AM
Our muzzle loader and bow have been going on over a week now, been 90 degrees daily and because of the wet year, much brushier and buggier than usual and it hasn't been much fun getting out. Much as I love muzzle loader season, looks like this year hunting for me won't really get going for a while. Gonna get out during archery more this year during the rut.