PDA

View Full Version : Is this the proper forum to discuss reloading equipment?

Safeshot
03-27-2005, 06:43 PM
Is this the proper forum to discuss reloading equipment? If not, which forum would be best to discuss reloading and reloading equipment? Do we need another fourm in the index? Thanks for your time, Safeshot

44man
03-27-2005, 07:53 PM
I guess we could use another forum, but heck, we are all in the same game so go ahead and ask. I am sure nobody will care and all will help.

45nut
03-27-2005, 09:00 PM
Okay,,,we now have a Reloading Equipment forum. Great idea Guys.

Safeshot
03-27-2005, 10:44 PM
Fantastic response and service! Thanks for this New Reloading Equipment Forum.

Now for a question or questions:

Has any one had any experience with a Pacific "PAKIT" reloading tool?

It is somewhat similar to a Lee Loader except instead of "hammering " the case into the die and "hammering" or driving the primer into the primer pocket, etc, All operations are performed by threaded attachments that apply pressure by threading into the main "die" body. It is a rather massive set of parts and all the parts but the nylon or plastic "bullet protector" are steel. The one I am discussing is in .300 WBY Cal. It looks like it might be from the 1950's or 1960's ( my guess). It is packaged in a fitted cardboard box with the name "PAKIT" and "Pacific Gun Sight Co." on it.

When were these manufactured and sold?

Were they popular?

Since I have never seen one prior to last Friday, I am assuming that they are not very common or I simply "missed something" along the way.

Any information or help that you can provide will be appreciated, Safeshot

crazy mark
03-27-2005, 11:52 PM
A friend of mine has been using one since the late 60's. They were priced comparably to the Lee handloaders and other brand handloaders.
They were popular for reloaders on a tight budget. I started with Lee handloaders as it was hard in the small town I grew up in to buy reloading equipment. I don't see many of the pakits for sale at gunshows. My friend swears by his but doesn't use it much anymore as he shoots too much and has a progressive press. Mark

floodgate
03-28-2005, 02:16 AM
Safeshot:

I got a list of reloading stuff for sale a couple of months ago that included several new-in-box "PAK-IT" tools, but didn't follow through and didn't keep the list. I note that it was shown in a 1968-69 Belding & Mull jobber's list I just got off eBay; it appears in the "Handloaders' Digest" 1970 Fifth Edition and the 1972 Sixth Edition, but not in the 1968 (4th) or 1975 (7th) Editions, so it must have been pretty short-lived. Certainly a cut above the Lee tool, though.

floodgate

NVcurmudgeon
03-28-2005, 03:54 AM
Good idea, if we cast 'em we have to load 'em. I'm amzed nobody ever thought of this on the old castboolits board. curmudgeon

Safeshot
03-28-2005, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the information. I will try to use the PAKIT reloading tool and see how it works. Safeshot