PDA

View Full Version : Didn't watch the game last night

The Governor
09-13-2016, 11:15 AM
Had better things to do. I'm all for freedom, expression and what not, just do it on your own time, not mine.
Will somebody please tell me who was the corporate sponsors so I can began not spending my money on their products?
Thank you.

Butchman205
09-13-2016, 11:58 AM
Agreed.
The NFL is allowed in my home, UNLESS there is an antipatriotic terd making a statement against "MY" country.
When that happens, I disallow the ads along with the sporting event, to be shown in my house.

-Butchman

snowwolfe
09-13-2016, 12:01 PM
I watched "the game" and loved it. The Steelers destroyed them!!!!

bruce drake
09-13-2016, 12:08 PM
dropped the game off my time. spent some time with the boys in the garage instead. When the NFL players recognize that their actions on the field should be separated from their actions off, than I'll watch them again. If they want to campaign for social justice on their time, no problem but not during the time when they are supposed to play ball.

montana_charlie
09-13-2016, 01:20 PM
Had better things to do. I'm all for freedom, expression and what not, just do it on your own time, not mine.
Will somebody please tell me who was the corporate sponsors so I can began not spending my money on their products?
Thank you.
How about the personal sponsors ... the ones that apply to each BLM-er who can't stand to stand?

I found this much on Kaepernik:

AliExpress sells Kaepernick memorabilia. Contact them and say you won't purchase that merchandise ... and why.
https://www.aliexpress.com/premium/kaepernick.html?ltype=wholesale&d=y&origin=y&isViewCP=y&SearchText=kaepernick&src=google&albch=search&acnt=462-341-7132&isdl=y&aff_short_key=UneMJZVf&albcp=299706624&albag=21243269064&slnk=&trgt=kwd-29164405120&plac=&crea=80812317624&netw=s&device=c&mtctp=p&memo1=1t2&gclid=CLqV9-PTjM8CFdKIfgoduGMJ-w&blanktest=0

He also has a deal with Nike to wear product on the field. Tell Nike you object.

Here is a blurb about Kaepernick that reveals some of his other endorsements.

Just over a week ago it was announced that Kaepernick would represent MoGo Sport, a company that specializes in flavored mouth guards. Among the available flavors -- lemon, fruit punch, mint, orange, bubble gum and blue raspberry -- Kaepernick opts for fruit punch, which mingled with the sweet taste of victory after he and his flavored mouthguard led the 49ers to a 32-7 Monday Night Football win in his first career NFL start.

Jaguar and MoGo Sport aren't the only companies hitching trailers to Kaepernick following the Super Bowl season; MusclePharm announced its multi-year deal with the 49ers quarterback in late March.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/kaepernick-signs-endorsement-deal-jaguar

I found this information by typing his name and the word 'endorsements' into a search engine.
You should be able to do the same for all the rest of those NFL BLM-ers who won't honor the flag.

I watched "the game" and loved it. The Steelers destroyed them!!!!
Well, now we know where you stand ... err ... kneel.
With anthem protestors on one side and Hands Up Don't Shoot freaks on the other, I guess you could have called it the 'BLM Bowl'.

Riverpigusmc
09-13-2016, 06:54 PM
I'm done with the National Felon League

Half Dog
09-13-2016, 07:11 PM
Thank you. I thought I was the only one upset. I even hear it is happening with other sports too. Can we start a list of sponser contact information?

Storydude
09-13-2016, 07:16 PM
NFL, the multi BILLION dollar industry............

Still needs tax grants from local gov. for stadiums.
That alone is why I refuse the NFL.

It's even worse when our tax dollars subsidize this stuff.

kmw1954
09-13-2016, 11:19 PM
I watched one game this weekend. Monday night I listened to baseball on the radio. Next Sunday our NFL team plays Monday so Sunday we plan on going to the range instead.

starmac
09-14-2016, 12:04 AM
I didn't watch it, but then again I haven't for probably 40 years. I love football games but no interest after it gets past high school stage, same with baseball and basketball.
It is about the same with raceing, just plain love it, be it dirt,asphalt, mud/tough truck, motocross or drag racing, but once it gets past the local good old boy stage, I have basically no interest in it.

shoot-n-lead
09-14-2016, 12:22 AM
Don't care for pro team sports...and don't care for high school much, either. But, I love college sports...and pro racing, except for Nascar...not a fan of it, either.

GaryN
09-14-2016, 01:14 AM
I'm done with the NFL unless they stop the political bs. All the teams should be held responsible because they don't come out against the players that are causing the problem.

Handloader109
09-14-2016, 08:25 AM
I watch sporadically, usually when I am sick and nothing else is on. I really try and avoid nfl games, do love to watch college games. These nincompoops that try and get attention by their pathetic protests are Hollow, shallow and worthless. Oh, and you guys that are in the cities of the league need to protest again public funding for stadiums.

RU shooter
09-14-2016, 09:13 AM
I don't watch NFL nor do I go to games . I don't spend time or money on them in any way. Thank the Lord above hockey season starts in a month !!!! Let's go Pens!!!!!

dpoe001
09-14-2016, 09:21 AM
Just my 2 cents I am all for freedom of speech! Now saying that i am also for freedom of i don't have to listen to what you are saying,the Nfl is supporting the sitting down of the national anthem,i don't support the NFL.It is just one more reason to not watch tv.

kmw1954
09-14-2016, 09:59 AM
Once again, if I wanted political commentary or opinion I would turn on a news channel that does that. Entertainers are there to entertain. Their political opinions and beliefs have no bearing on how I feel or believe.

Over the years there have been many sports figures that have done great things for their communities and did it quietly. They were not looking for world recognition or a huge pat on the back. They were not self indulgent. They did it because they could and because they cared for those they helped.

montana_charlie
09-14-2016, 11:56 AM
I think Kaepernik started making this fuss in order to create a story around himself that would make the 49ers think twice before cutting him ... and they did.
After their second think ... they decided cutting him would cause too much flak.

We should be providing plenty of flak for them ... and going after his own sponsors.

kmw1954
09-14-2016, 01:11 PM
If these players really want to be relevant and sincere then maybe they should give up a Sundays work and go lead a Protest March. Go out into the communities and prove this isn't all about their own celebrity.

Until they do that they can all go away and shut up!!! Bet they wont.

Hogtamer
09-14-2016, 03:32 PM
I watched Ivanka last night on Fox at a Trump rally. Better "optics."

The Governor
09-14-2016, 05:54 PM
Here it is;
http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2015/09/23/Marketing-and-Sponsorship/NFL-sponsors.aspx
All of my buying decisions will be influenced by this list.
The American Legion also will not screen games with these teams;
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1087274767974446&id=158634747505124&substory_index=0

kmw1954
09-14-2016, 06:56 PM
Only 3 Brands on that list that we use. Cambell's, Mars and Frito-Lay.

The Governor
09-14-2016, 07:14 PM
I know. It's going to be hard to pass on Lays Potato Chips and Campbell's Soup.
Bush beer at Win Dixie is 9 bucks for an 18 pack. 50 cent beers are right up my alley.
Having a Stella 9.6 oz right now.

bedbugbilly
09-14-2016, 10:21 PM
I'm not a football fan or watcher to begin with . . . bt all of this BS spills over on to prime time news and other "controlled broadcasts". You know . . . when we were kids, we had "heroes" to look up to . . those that wore the white hats and taught us lessons of "right and wrong" . . . today's kids have what? Overpaid sports heroes . . . .

If these clowns really want to do some social good . . . then stop the BS and put all o your overpaid salaries to good use . . . school supplies for schools who need them, helping kids out who need the help as far as someone to look up to, sponsor programs which help teach right and wrong and that hard work pays off . . . not wear a pair of socks that slam men and women who put their lives on the line every day and the majority of whom are working to help "everybody" and serve their communities.

Personally, Im sick and tired of all the celebrities who have it all and spots people who are overpaid and basically "spoiled", telling everybody else how they should live hand how it should be. Yes, everyone has the right of free speech, the right to protest, etc. . . . but there is a time and a place. The football field is their "work place" . . . just like a person's office or shop is their work place . . . and they are working not only for the owners of the team . . . but collecting big money that is generated by overpriced tickets and product lines that pay to use their name. So we can "protest" as well . . . let the sponsors know that they are there tp play football or whatever other sport and if they don't shape up, then we will no longer buy their products, watch their games or listen to their advertisements. Some may disagree and that's fine . . . that's every person's right. But looking at the whole picture . . . if I'm supposed to look up to these clowns and follow their example . . . then I guess I should be destroying personal property and lying about the whole thing as done by several Olympic atheletes or worse yet . . . be beating my wife and dragging her out of an elevator by the hair?

But . . . that's the way things are going and the way they are headed . . . and it's sad. What else can a person say?

Well . . . vote Reagan? Whoops, I'm showing my age . . .

montana_charlie
09-16-2016, 03:00 PM
Apparently there were many who decided not to watch ... enough to affect the ratings.
http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/shocker-nfl-ratings-tank