PDA

View Full Version : Opinions On Goex Pinnacle Replica Powder?

Fiddleharp
09-10-2016, 05:57 PM
Hi everyone!
In the early 1980's I owned a T/C Renegade, fired it a few times, then sold it.
A few weeks ago I decided to get back into muzzleloaders and picked up a Lyman Deerstalker and a bag of "possibles" at a local pawnshop.
The pawnbroker also had a pound of Goex Pinnacle Replica ffg powder, so I bought that as well. I haven't had a chance to use this powder yet.
How does this powder compare to other BP substitutes?

curator
09-10-2016, 08:25 PM
Cr@p, do I need to say more? Corrosive, susceptible to humidity, shelf life? Large variations in velocity---Makes pretty good fertilizer. I used it on my Azaleas ant they bloomed like crazy.

Omnivore
09-10-2016, 09:32 PM
Never heard of it. Is it a substitute of some kind? Is it something new? Is it old and discontinued?

ShooterAZ
09-11-2016, 07:30 PM
I hadn't heard of it either. Did a quick google search on it and found it. Chuckhawk did a write-up on it in 2006. Not sure if it ever took off. I won't be buying any of it.

mooman76
09-11-2016, 08:26 PM
I have heard of it but never tried it. Every time you turn around you hear of a new sub coming out and I don't shoot enough to go through the powder to try them all. I still have a can of 777 and MZ Black I haven't shot yet. I heard Pinnacle was discontinued but don't know for sure.